Actions

Work Header

Carter Gets a Cookbook

Summary:

"I bought a cookbook." Carter said, grinning broadly.

Work Text:

Carter Gets a Cookbook
By Mickey

Status: Completed 11/15/2008

Word Count: 222

Dedication: This part is dedicated to smithcrafter who gave me the idea for Carter getting a kiddie cookbook.


"I bought a cookbook." Carter said, grinning broadly.

Jack couldn't hold back the chuckle that escaped him as Carter held up a book titled "The Kids Cookbook".

"Carter, this is the same cookbook Sara brought for Charlie when he was five."

"And your point is?"

"It's for kids!"

"I have start somewhere, sir."

"But it's for kids."

Daniel, knowing it was wiser to stay out of this particular conversation, just couldn't resist. "Sam, you they do make a college level cookbook designed for beginners that's very basic. This one," he took the book from her and looked it over quickly, "says it's for ages four to eight."

Carter was obviously not seeing the humor in any of it.

To save his friend from the major's wrath, which was now directed at Daniel, Teal'c quickly added, "What I believe Daniel Jackson was saying, Major Carter, is that someone of your intelligence can surely handle something more advanced than a cookbook designed for young children."

That seemed to calm Carter down. Jack, remembering all the times Daniel wound up throwing up after eating something Carter had cooked, and the time she'd nearly burned down his kitchen, opened his mouth. "On the other hand, this might be right on her level when it comes to cooking." Jack muttered to himself.

And immediately regretted it.

"Ouch"

TBC

Series this work belongs to: