Actions

Work Header

The World At My Doorstep

Summary:

A drunk sleeping in his own bed gets woken up by a loud siren and finds himself somehow orbitting the Earth.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

I guess that it was around three in the morning when I was still alone and sound asleep in my bed because my wife had left me and taken the kids with her.And the reason for that is because I was so drunk on my...!Anyway,I was still asleep before I had woke up to the sound of an air raid siren which was what I had thought at first.But that was until I had gotten my drunken self out of bed,walked over to the window and saw nothing but a entire group of stars.

"What the hell...?",were the only words that had came out of my mouth before I had walked over to the front door,opened it and shockingly discover that my house was somehow orbiting Earth like it was a space station!I mean,I literally had the world at my doorstep and no way of knowing how it had happened!That was when I had made the mistake of stepping outside to have a better look and started falling really fast back down to Earth while screaming my lungs out in the process!

And just as I was about to hit the ground,the sound of several beer bottles had filled my ears which had made me wake up from that nightmare and discover that the cops had caught some guy who had crashed a car into a neighbor's house after a high speed chase!That was before I had gone into the bathroom,looked at myself in the mirror and realized that I really should stop drinking and pull myself together which is why I have decided to come here.I mean,I know that it's not 'Celebrity Rehab'.But I still say,"Any port in a storm."

THE END!

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Andrew Troy Keller.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.