Actions

Work Header

After Dorado Falls

Summary:

small scene takes place after ep "Dorado Falls"

Work Text:

Derek whistled loudly and called, “I have to say you looked fine in uniform, Sergeant Major Rossi.”

Dave smiled ruefully as he came into the living room from the kitchen. He handed Derek an open bottle of beer and sat next to him on the couch. He rolled his eyes. “I thought I hid that old album.”

Derek smirked. “You did, but I’ve been here enough times that I think I’ve found all your hidey holes.”

Dave shuddered. “God forbid.”

Derek laughed and set his beer on the side table untouched. He ran his fingertips lightly over the photo. “I mean it. Hot then and hot now.”

Dave took a sip of his scotch and nodded to the picture of a younger version of himself. “That was a long time ago.”

Derek lightly elbowed Dave. “Stop talking like it’s ancient history.”

“On bad days, that’s what it feels like.”

“Dave--” Derek started.

“But thanks to you those days are few and far between,” Dave finished calmly.

Derek nodded once. “Good.”

Dave stretched his free arm along the top of the couch behind Derek. He barely brushed Derek’s shoulders. His voice took on a wistful quality. “Back then, I was ready to take on the world.”

Derek studied Dave’s face for a long moment. “And you did,” he said softly but firmly.

Dave grinned. “Yeah, I did.”

“Took the world by storm,” Derek agreed. “You still have the same cocky glint in your eyes.”

Dave sighed but the grin didn’t disappear. “I would like to think that I wouldn’t make the same mistakes now as I did back then.”

Derek snickered. “No. You make a new whole new set of mistakes.”

“Oh thanks,” Dave drawled sarcastically.

Derek arched both eyebrows suggestively. He stroked the photograph. “You know Garcia would give me money for this.”

“That’s too bad cause she’s not going to get to see it,” Dave said flatly and took the album from Derek. “I’ll just have to think up some new hidey holes.”

Derek grabbed Dave’s wrist before the latter could stand. “Wait.” Without breaking eye contact, he used his free hand to take the album and toss it on the coffee table. Then he slid his hand behind Dave’s neck and pulled him closer for a soft, thorough kiss.

Dave growled low in the back of his throat and opened up to the kiss. He cupped Derek’s face with one hand. He rested the other on Derek’s hip.

Derek broke the kiss with a gasp. He pressed his forehead against Dave’s. “You know when I tease you about age, it’s all in love. Right?”

Dave slipped his fingers beneath Derek’s shirt to stroke Derek’s abs. He chuckled. “I know.”

The feeling of Dave’s hot breath on his lips sent a jolt of need and anticipation down Derek’s spine. “You make any clothes look good but I would much rather see you without any.”

Dave playfully nipped at Derek’s bottom lip. “Then I think you should get your ass to the bedroom.”

The words were barely out of Dave’s mouth before Derek sprang to his feet. He hauled Dave to his feet and started dragging him down the hall. He shoved Dave down onto the bed and slammed the door, shutting out the rest of the world.

Series this work belongs to: