Actions

Work Header

She'll Check On Us

Summary:

After the loss of his wife Lois,Superman must face the challenge of his daughter going on her first date.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

"Daddy...will we ever see Mommy again?",that was what our precious little girl Lanie had asked me when we had visited this one grave on a Saturday afternoon which had these words,"In Memoriam Lois Lane Kent Beloved Wife Of Clark Kent Devoted Mother Of Lanie",on it and the only answer that I had been able to give her was,"Soon,Sweetie.Mommy is way too busy being an angel right now.But as soon as she finds the time,she'll check on us to see how we're doing,okay?"

After she had started high school,I had came home from patrolling the city of Metropolis as Superman and discovered that Lanie had started to blossom into a beautiful young woman just like a moth would burst out of its cocoon like shell after changing into a beautiful butterfly.And of course,she had also started going out with boys which had made me become worried for their safety as well as hers because if they make one false move towards Lanie,she might get so upset enough to toss that poor kid through the windshield of his car and right into a tree.

But just as I was about to stop this one Daily Planet intern from asking Lanie out on a date,a voice inside my head had said,"No,Clark.Leave them alone.They'll be okay."And when I had suddenly realized that a certain little bird whose name happens to be Lanie Kent is bound to leave the nest sooner or later,I had decided to let her go out on that date.Besides,this Michael Hitchcock seems to be an okay kid...and Superman will be zooming around on his usual heroic patrol...just in case.Well,better get a move on.

THE END!

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Andrew Troy Keller.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.