Actions

Work Header

She's Got The Man I Love

Summary:

After she had lost her high school sweetheart to another girl,a woman goes to the reunion prepared to receive any humiliation the other girl plans to dish out,only to receive something else.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

You know,it's always been throughout high school that Vera always gets everything she wants because of her father's vast wealth.And now,she's got the man I love as her husband and had him wrapped around her finger so tightly that he does not want to call off the marriage.To tell the truth,that was what I had thought until I had received an invitation to attend a high school reunion from Vera and decided to accept the invitation in spite of whatever humiliation she had planned for me as soon as I arrive.

But when I had walked into the room where the reunion was being held started looking around for Vera,I had felt a gentle hand being placed on my shoulder and heard a voice saying,"Hey,Ruth!Glad you made it!You haven't changed a bit!"And when I had turned around,there was Vera standing next to Alvin.But just as I was about to start a verbal fist fight with her,I had suddenly discovered that he had a cute little baby boy in his arms which had made Vera look at me with sad puppy dog eyes and say,"Guess I owe you an explanation."

And after she had told me that what they had done behind my back was a mistake and they had no choice but to get married because of the little baby that was conceived during that mistake,poor Vera had started to cry.That was when I had wiped away the tears,looked at her with a sweet smile and said,"It's okay,Vera.I've just suddenly realized that it wasn't your fault to begin with.",just before poor Alvin had came over and told Vera that their baby had needed to be changed.

THE END!

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Andrew Troy Keller.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.