Actions

Work Header

Lady In The Moon

Summary:

A photojournalist on his way to an assignment spends the night at a motel and starts taking some pictures of the moon that has the face of a woman on it instead of a man.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Let me tell you right now,I should not had talked back to the boss because it was my big mouth that had made him drop what I had thought at first to be a totally lame assignment on my lap which happens to be to take some photos of a butterfly or two at some kid's house in the middle of nowhere!That was before I had realized that it was either that or the unemployment line.So,you could take a wild guess which I had chosen.

Anyway,before I had reached the kid's house,I had to stop at a motel for the night.After I had checked myself into my room,I had climbed up to the roof and started taking some pics of the moon with my camera.But while I was doing that,I had discovered that instead of seeing The Man In The Moon,I was seeing an image of a lady in the Moon which I had noticed to be quite strange.But that was nothing compared to what had happened afterwards.

You see,something had made me say,"The face in the Moon...it's vanishing!And the Moon Goddess is descending to Earth!"And as soon as she had set foot on the roof of the motel,she had placed her hands on my cheeks and kissed me on the lips.Now,I don't know what had happened after that kiss.But as soon as I had woken up the next morning,I had noticed that the film has been taken out of my camera which had made me realize that she had wanted to keep her nightly visit to Earth a secret.And I don't blame her because I'll get tossed into the nuthouse if I tell the boss!

THE END!

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Andrew Troy Keller.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.