Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 19 of McHale's Navy Deleted Scenes
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
489
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
889

Deleted Scene: The Seven Faces of Ensign Parker

Summary:

small scene takes place during the ep "The Seven Faces of Ensign Parker"

Work Text:

Episode Summary: Parker takes the rap for the theft of Binghamton’s dictation machine, and McHale and The Boys come up with a complicated, but ingenious plan, to get him off the hook. -- from www.tv.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silently McHale slipped into the deserted outer office. He quietly opened the door to see Carpenter standing by Binghamton’s desk, phone receiver against his ear, but there was no sign of Old Leadbottom. He tiptoed inside and soundlessly closed the door. He stood behind Carpenter and whispered, “Lucky.”

Carpenter jumped at the hot breath on his neck. He clutched the receiver to his chest. “Don’t sneak up on me like that,” he hissed.

McHale leaned in close to Carpenter’s ear. “Sorry.”

Carpenter slowly and carefully placed the phone down. He cracked a smile. “No, you’re not.”

“You’re right I’m not. I don’t get my hands on you often enough.” McHale rested a hand on Carpenter’s hip. “What say we get out of here?”

Carpenter leaned back against McHale. “I’d love to, but we’ve got a problem.”

“What?”

Carpenter sighed in frustration. He turned to face McHale and their chests barely brushed. He perched on the edge of the desk and watched McHale’s face. “The Captain’s back a day early and he wanted to finish the reports.”

McHale winced but didn’t move to put any distance between them and he didn’t avoid Carpenter’s gaze. “Where is he?”

“Waiting outside for the SPs to join him,” Carpenter answered grimly. “You know he automatically assumed that your guys did it.”

“And they did,” McHale growled.

“Why? They can’t get much for hocking it.”

“No. They dream bigger than that.” McHale shook his head. “For only a sawbuck, shoot down a Nip zero. Make a recording for the folks back home. Show them how big a hero you are.”

One end of Carpenter’s mouth quirked up. “It’s an imaginative racket.”

McHale rolled his eyes. “One of these days I’m gonna clobber those guys.”

“If we don’t move fast, the Captain will do it for you. Where’s the dictating machine now?”

“Chuck’s got it in the air raid shelter. I told him to give me a few minutes to make sure the coast is clear. I was hoping we could get it back before Old Leadbottom came back tomorrow and missed it.”

Carpenter smirked and stood. He planted a hand on McHale’s chest. He leaned in close enough to breathe against McHale’s lips. “So you came in here with intent to distract me.”

McHale’s throat went dry. “I was going to make it worth your while.”

“You’d better make it worth my while later,” Carpenter drawled.

“Parker! Parker, you get back here, you thief!” Binghamton shouted. “Carpenter!”

McHale cursed under his breath while Carpenter grabbed his hat. Carpenter brushed past him. “It sounds like he saw Parker. I have to go see what’s going on and you’d better get back to your island.”

“Carpenter!” Binghamton wailed again.

McHale grabbed Carpenter’s arm for a brief moment. “Later, Lucky, later. I promise.”

Carpenter just grinned before he turned on his heel and ran out.

Series this work belongs to: