Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2011-09-04
Words:
10,712
Chapters:
4/4
Comments:
9
Kudos:
67
Bookmarks:
13
Hits:
5,671

Charlie does the Foxtrot or Damn the Torpedoes

Summary:

Fudge believed that everything was going according to his grand plan when Harry Potter was found guilty…. Oh Boy! Was he wrong!

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Notes:

Okay and now for an explanation about the title.  First Charlie Weasley is not in this story.  Charlie Foxtrot is military expression for a clusterfuck. 

“Damn the Torpedoes!  Four bells, Captain Drayton.  Go ahead, Jouett, full speed!” is a quote from Admiral David Glasgow Farragut, USN.  He said this as he ordered the fleet into a heavily mined bay.  He won the battle.

 Both are situation in which you’re screwed but if you play your cards right, not only will you survive, you’ll win and your enemies will lose.

Special thanks to my editor, Corwalch for fixing all the grammar and spelling mistakes that usual end up in my fics and to Ed Becerra who helped me pick the title for this fic

Chapter Text

Harry waited for the members of the Wizengamot to hand down their sentence for his supposed crime of underage magic.  He had remained standing in proud defiance as Umbridge twisted the truth into a poor mockery of itself.  At times his eyes would flicker over to the only empty seat among the members of Wizengamot, the seat that Albus Dumbledore normally occupied.

“It is the decision of this Wizengamot that the defendant, Harry James Potter has been found guilty of the charge of underage magic and of violating the Statute of Secrecy.  Due to the defendant’s inability to refrain from using magic around Muggles, it is the decision of this court that Mr. Potter is to be expelled from Hogwarts and his wand is to be snapped.”

“If it’s at any consolation, Mr. Potter, you don’t have to leave the wizard community,” one of the members of the Wizengamot told him.  “To the wizarding world you will be seen as a type of squib… a squib that could use magic… if he had a wand… Well, I mean I’m sure you can find work someplace in our community instead of going back to those nasty Muggles.  I mean some of the things Muggles do are barbaric.  Definitely not proper things anyone should do.  You could perhaps find a nice young witch to marry?  I know my brother is looking for a nice young wiz… man to wed my niece”

Harry tipped his head at the Wizengamot member who had spoken.  “Thank you for your words, sir.  At this point in time I plan on reviewing my options before I make a decision,” Harry replied.  Turning Harry looked directly at the Minister.  “Is there anything else that must be done or may I leave?”

Minister Fudge looked down upon Harry, the disappointment he was feeling over how the young man was behaving evident in his face.  “There is just one thing, Mr. Potter,” Fudge said as he held up Harry’s wand.  “The snapping of your wand.”  And with that Fudge grasped Harry’s wand with both hands and snapped it in half.  “The remains of your wand will remain in Ministry custody as evidence of your crimes.”

Harry nodded his head in acceptance before turning and walking out Courtroom Ten.

~*~

Harry was just passing the Fountain of Magical Brethren when an older lady called out to him as she hurried towards him.

“Mr. Potter, I’m Cathy Wickens of the Daily Prophet,” the woman introduced herself when she reached him

“Ah, one of Rita Skeeter’s co-workers,” The disgust was very evident in his voice as Harry started to walk past the woman.

“Well yes and no,” Wickens replied following Harry.  “Rita works big stories.  She interviews important people.  I’m just a simple court reporter.”

Harry turned to face the reporter.  “So you don’t add your own spin to your articles?”

“Spin?  I don’t know what your mean Mr. Potter,” Wickens replied.  “I’m required by law to report court proceedings accurately.  What I write is the truth as it’s reported in court, nothing more.”

Harry stared at the woman for a moment before sighing wearily.  “So what do you want?”

“Well… umm…” Wickens dug up a piece of parchment and her quill.  “It’s been reported that you were found guilty of underage magic and breaking the Statute of Secrecy and had your wand snapped.”

“Hmmm…” Harry stood there his arms crossed over his chest.

“Well… umm… would you like to comment of your court case?” Wickens asked.

Harry bowed his head for a moment before saying, “My verdict showed me just how much the magic community values truth and justice and it is something that I will take to heart,” Harry stated.  “Now if you will excuse me, I have some matters that I need to deal with.”

~*~

It was a few minutes before 9 o’clock when Albus Dumbledore walked into Courtroom Ten with Arabella Figg following behind him, only to find the courtroom completely empty.

Dumbledore took in the empty room before saying, “This is not good.”