Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 4 of McHale's Navy Deleted Scenes
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
541
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
17
Hits:
978

Deleted Scene: To Binghamton With Love

Summary:

small scene takes place during ep "To Binghamton With Love"

Work Text:

Episode Summary:  Using the PT-73 to shuttle them to a crap game, the crew gets caught red-handed and winds up in big trouble with the Captain. The only way out is to put together a testimonial dinner for Binghamton - but no one wants to attend. -- from Season 2 DVD box set

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

McHale saw the signal from the jungle just after the PT-73 docked at the main base. He nodded once and turned to his glum faced crew gathered around him. “Well all right,” he sighed. “Let’s go.”

The boys didn’t move. “What are we gonna do, Skip?” Christy asked for all of them.

McHale shrugged. “I don’t know yet.”

Parker bit his bottom lip. “What do you expect us to do? You guys really put your foot in it this time. The Captain’s got ya dead to rights.” He shook his head mournfully. “Taking the boat to go to a crap game.”

Gruber smirked. “I say it was worth it. I had the hottest roll of my life.”

McHale rolled his eyes. “And that hot roll might cost you rest of your life on a rock pile.”

“Skip, you don’t understand.” Gruber took his hat off and held it over his heart. “You should’ve seen it. A once in a lifetime streak. Lady Luck in all her glory.”

“A pleasure to watch,” Virgil agreed.

Tinker frowned. “Yeah, too bad she’s deserted us now.”

McHale waved an arm. “All right. Can the chatter. Now come on you guys. Old Leadbottom wants you in the brig.”

Parker started leading the way. “You heard the Skipper. Let’s move out.”

The men grumbled but followed. McHale trailed behind until they were off the dock. No one made a break for it and he stopped. “Go ahead, guys. I’ll catch up in a minute.”

“Right, Skip,” Parker answered while the men just grumbled under their breath some more.

McHale looked around to make sure no one was watching and slipped into the trees. He found Carpenter sitting on a log. He sighed and sank down next to him. “Oh Lucky, this is a mess.”

Carpenter nudged McHale. “The Captain’s got your boys this time,” he said quietly.

McHale grunted. “I know.” He sat forward, resting his elbows on his knees. He rubbed his hands together. “He’s been waiting for this. There’s nothing to keep him from throwing the book at ‘em.”

Carpenter leaned in close, took McHale’s arm, and rested his chin on McHale’s shoulder. “I think I may have a way to get you out of this.”

McHale turned his head to see Carpenter out of the corner of his eye. “How?”

Carpenter squeezed McHale’s arm. “I’m on my way to deliver a bit of bad news to the Captain. I’ll put a small bug in his ear and he’ll realize that he needs you and your pirates.”

McHale arched an eyebrow at the smirk on Carpenter’s face. It was so reminiscent of Gruber that he had to shudder. “Just what are you up to?”

Carpenter giggled. “Just be ready, Quint.”

“But--”

Carpenter stopped McHale by giving him a quick kiss. Then he jumped up. “I have to report to the Captain and you’d best be getting back to your boys.”

McHale watched Carpenter disappear. He laughed and got to his feet. “My God, Lucky, sometimes I wish Old Leadbottom actually knew how evil you can be.”

Series this work belongs to: