Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2018-10-24
Words:
5,652
Chapters:
4/4
Kudos:
17
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,994

Panopticon

Summary:

Jack needs to keep going, needs to keep Ianto’s memory for that he is starting up Torchwood three again

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Notes:

Rating:  Hmmm not sure yet.
Pairing:  Jack/Ianto
Summary:   Jack needs to keep going, needs to keep Ianto’s memory for that he is starting up Torchwood three again
Spoilers:  All of Torchwood or Dr Who
Disclaimer:  I own nothing to do with Torchwood or Dr Who
N/B  Kate I hope this is what you thought as it was your idea if not you write a version lol.  ‘Panopticon’ means all seeing.  See I do remember some of things for my essay on the gothic architecture of the Palace of Westminster.

Chapter Text

Panopticon
by  wereleopard58

 

Chapter One

Time.

That was something he had lots of a lifetimes of memories and regrets.  Thoughts and dreams of people he loved and lost.

Jack lay in his hotel bed, the darkness a comfort around him, his eyes closed and a gentle smile on his face.  It was one of happiness.  His eyes twitching beneath as if here were asleep, images ran through his mind like a movie.  They all started differently the dashing charming hero but they all ended the same.  Ianto dying in his arms and the words ‘I love you’ leaving his mouth too late and his young lover never knew, never understood what he meant to the immortal.

He opened his eyes and side pushing back the tides of memories that threatened to overwhelm him.  Jack wished that he had done so many things differently; the main regret was to tell Ianto how much he was needed and loved still was.

Jack would do anything to get one last moment with Ianto, a chance to say everything he had always wanted to and to finally say goodbye.

“Who am I kidding?”  Jack continued to stare into the pitch black knowing that if he had that one last moment to repeat he would have done anything, anything to save Ianto no matter what would have happened to Earth.

There was and is no life for him not after having Ianto in it.  Deep down he knew he would manage and start to laugh one day.  It would always be pretend, even he didn’t really know how deeply Ianto had affected him and how deeply in love with the younger man he had truly been.

XXXXX

Martin Young stared down at the piles of paperwork and sighed.  He desperately hoped another Torchwood would be set up soon or they found Torchwood Four and managed to ground it.  All the paperwork for any alien activity, for any UNIT information and of course talking to the government now came through him.  All eyes were on him and Torchwood Two.

“Torchwood Three, please come back.”  Martin whispered they were rebels but with a leader like Captain Jack Harkness all attention was always pointed at them and left him alone in peace.  He had no idea how they were so small and managed to deal with all the problems that the rift threw at them.

XXXXX

Jack knew that he should have gone to see Gwen, Rhys and the baby first but he couldn’t just being back on Earth was difficult enough he couldn’t deal with the tears, not right now anyway.   It was a volcano eruption of memories, of endless nightmares.

He had comeback.  Jack needed to feel close to Ianto and at the moment being here was the only way he could do that no matter how difficult it was.  He took one day at a time.

What Jack needed was work, a dangerous job where he would be helping people so that was why he was here in Glasgow at Torchwood Two.  He needed information and this was the only place that could provide it for him.

Martin looked up at the door opened his eyes widened in shock and darted to the door behind him.

Jack frowned and turned to look, there was nothing there.  He looked back to the man at the desk.

“Hi I’m...”

“I know who you are Captain Harkness, I am surprised to see you here.  How can I help you?”  Martin asked politely.  Understanding why there was the saying ‘be careful what you wish for’

“I want to set up Torchwood Three again.  I need to find somewhere in Cardiff where it can be based?”  Jack asked there was something about this man that put Jack on edge.

“Ok Captain Harkness if you go back out this door and turn left, follow the corridor to the end you will come to some double doors.  That is our library please wait there and I will have everything sent down to the computer.”

“Thank you.”  Jack’s eyebrows knotted in confusion Martin seemed to desperately wanted to get him out of Torchwood Two and he would find out why.

Jack opened the door and walked out closing it behind him.  He turned left and started to walk.  Jack heard the chattering of china as it hit against each other as someone carrying a tray walked.  It got louder as it passed behind him.  Jack turned. Nothing.  There was no one.  Then there was a knock at the door.  It seemed Martin was getting a tea or coffee.

The immortal shook his head and headed towards the library everything reminded him of his beloved Ianto.

XXXXX

Martin looked up as there was a knock on the door before it opened and smiled as a cup was placed in front of him.

“You’re coffee sir.”  A smooth voice said.

“Thank you Ianto.”  Martin took a sip.  “Perfect as always.”

 

end part 1
TBC