Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
391
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
737

Flatbed

Summary:

This is little more  than a drabble, very short, very silly and I've no excuse at all

Work Text:

Flatbed
by Alison

Byers POV

I hate motel rooms.

I hate the miserable tiny boxy rooms with their paper thin walls which means you hear everything, I mean *everything* that goes on next door. I hate the TVs that only get one station showing endless reruns of "Gilligan's Island"; the air conditioning that doesn't work, the bathrooms with the showers that just dribble and the toilets with that ribbon across announcing "sanitised for your protection", the mean skimpy towels and the beds that sag in the middle.

Most of all I hate being here alone. Most of all I hate the absence of Ringo.

I put on my best narc act and told him one of us had to come, Frohike needed him at HQ to help set up the new equipment we needed, and it was only for two nights anyway. I sounded pompous even to myself and I don't blame him for ignoring me.

He didn't say goodbye when I left.

So anyway, here I am, 300 miles from home, lonely and depressed and missing Ringo. And the whole trip was a bust anyway, the contact didn't even show.

Ringo's gonna kick my ass when I get back, and I can't blame him.

So here I am at 1 am, can't sleep, in this motel room about to check my email for the tenth time this evening. Is he still pissed at me?

My stomach jumps ridiculously when I see the familar name and my hands shake as I open the message. "John, I'm sorry. Do you miss me as much as I miss you?"

And so it goes on. He misses me, loves me, wants me back. Can't stop thinking about me. Had a busy day; they got the new flatbed scanner we needed after Jimmy spilt coffee in the old one. Will I be back tomorrow? When?

And at the end: "maybe the attachment will make you realise what you're missing."

What? It's 1 a.m. and he wants me to think about work? What is this attachment anyway?

So I open it. Oh my god. Only Ringo can do this, transform me in a second from depression and anger to breathless bubbling giggles. Thank god I'm alone - if I'd opened this in the coffee shop -

He's scanned his ass . . .

 

END