Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
291
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
17
Hits:
1,009

Bucket of Bolts

Summary:

2 lemons may have just found their freedom. -- answer to freedom challenge at Aphrodite's Blessings.

Fandom: Cars 2     Pairing: Grem/Acer

Work Text:

The rusty, orange Gremlin had dents. His dents had dents. He was leaking oil worse than usual but his cousin promised to eventually fix that. His axle hurt where it had to be straightened for his tire to be reattached.

“I’ll never get into another bar fight in London,” he murmured. He shut his eyes, willing the world away. However, the familiar sound of a knocking engine seemed to vibrate through him and make him feel worse. He revved his engine low in warning.

“Hello, to you too,” a voice greeted sarcastically. “I’m as banged up as you but you don’t see me hiding in my cousin’s garage.”

“That’s because your cousin hates ya,” he retorted.

The voice laughed. “True. Come on, Grem.”

Grem opened his eyes to look at the beat up green Pacer. “Acer.”

Acer parked next to Grem. “Do you think our bosses really had any idea what they were getting us into?”

The knocking of Acer’s engine went down to a dull thud and Grem sighed in relief. “Probably not.”

Acer’s voice was barely above a whisper. “You know. They’re in jail.”

“Who?”

“All of them,” Acer hissed excitedly. “J. Curby Gremlin, Victor Hugo, Don Pacer. All the bosses.”

Grem just stared at him. “And?”

“Don’t you get it? We’re free.”

“Not exactly. We’re still wanted. If McMissile ever catches up with us, we’ll land in the joint.”

The knocking of Acer’s engine went up a notch. “We’re low on his list, my friend. All we have to do is stay under the radar and we’ll be fine.”

Grem smiled. “And what do you think we should do with this freedom?”

“Anything we want.”

“Not a bad idea from a rusted bucket of bolts,” Grem teased.

One of Acer’s headlights was broken but the other flashed brilliantly. “Be glad I’m your rusted bucket of bolts.”