Actions

Work Header

E is for Eden

Summary:

answer to Eden prompt from Aphrodite's Blessings

Work Text:

Dave could hardly believe how he was spending his Saturday: stuck in his house, watching hours and hours of Star Trek. He sat at the end of the couch. Derek was next to him, fast asleep with his head on his shoulder.

Aaron sat on Derek’s other side. Penelope was in the armchair. Spencer was on the floor, his back against the couch next to Aaron’s leg. Bowls of pretzels and chips sat on the coffee table in front of him.

Dave’s eyes roamed over them. He wasn’t surprised that Spencer was in a full classic Trek blue uniform. It didn’t really faze him either that Penelope wore the red short skirt uniform, also from classic Trek, and her hair up like Uhura’s.

What was kind of mind boggling was Aaron’s choice of attire. Dave almost choked on his beer when he first saw Aaron in the Next Generation red uniform. “I never pegged you for a Trekkie, Aaron.”

Aaron smirked. “We all have hidden depths, Dave.”

The movie ended and Dave wasn’t sure which one it was or how many they had left.

Penelope made a trumpet sound. “Attention! Attention! It’s time to give the birthday boy his present.” She handed Spencer a small brightly wrapped green and blue box.

Spencer cradled the present in his hands for a moment. “Too bad JJ and Prentiss couldn’t stay for this.”

“Don’t worry, Boy Genius. I’ll make them pay for cutting out early on us.”

Spencer’s face lit up as he tore off the paper. “New Vulcan ears! Thanks, Garcia!”

Aaron laughed and gave Spencer another box wrapped in shiny silver paper. “I know this is a Star Trek party, but I figured you’d like this.”

Spencer finished putting his new Vulcan ears on before opening his second gift. He beamed at Aaron. “A Tardis key! Thanks!”

Derek shifted and rested a hand on Dave’s knee. He cracked one eye open to look at the three of them like they’d all grown a second head. “Y’all are geeks, you realize that right?”

Penelope stuck her tongue out at him. “Don’t make me call down a cyber plague on you and your man.”

Dave let out an exaggerated gasp of horror. “Apologize to the lady, Derek.”

Derek briefly nuzzled the side of Dave’s neck before sitting up. He gave Penelope his most charming smile. “I apologize, Goddess.”

Penelope tapped her finger against her chin in thought. “I suppose I can forgive you. And what did you two buy our boy for his birthday?”

“A subscription to Sci-Fi Magazine.”

“That’s great, too,” Spencer piped up.

Derek ruffled Spencer’s hair. “I knew you’d like that. Are you guys ready to order the pizzas yet? The sooner we get done with the pizza, the sooner we get to the cake.”

Spencer shrugged. “I’m really not hungry yet. Can we wait a while?” The others nodded and he scrambled to his feet. He went to the DVD player to remove one movie and load the next one.

Derek stretched, rubbing against Dave’s side. “Which one is this?”

“Star Trek V: The Final Frontier.”

“Oh, the search for God.”

Spencer resumed his seat and answered seriously, “They’re looking for paradise, not God. The Earth equivalent of Eden. The Vulcans call it Sha ka Ree. The Klingon word is Qui’Tu and Romulan is Vorta Vor.”

Dave grunted and stood. “I need another beer.”

“Have you ever watched all the special features?” Penelope asked excitedly.

“Yeah,” Spencer answered just as excited. “Of course I did. First thing.”

Dave walked into the kitchen, leaving the geek chatter behind him. He opened the refrigerator and leaned in for a beer. Then he felt Derek pressed along his back. “How did I let you talk me into having this at my house?”

Derek laughed. “It’s not that bad and Reid’s having a great time.”

Dave straightened up and pressed back against Derek. “This from the man who slept through the one with the whales.”

“That one’s boring to me.” Derek kissed just below Dave’s ear. “I don’t think the Trekkies would notice if we disappeared for a while.”

“Derek,” Dave growled. “Don’t start something you won’t finish.”

Derek splayed a hand over Dave’s chest. He nipped Dave’s earlobe. “Who says we won’t finish?”