Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
311
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
15
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
699

Love in All its Grandeur Forms

Summary:

Lana sees the beauty in Smallville's most secreted couple and wonders why the rest of the world can't see what shines before their faces.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Love in All its Grandeur Forms
by Pirate Turner

 

 

        The one reason why Lana liked to keep the Talon open late on weekends was her two favorite customers who always slunk in just before closing time. She'd greet them with a smile and serve them their regular orders on the house without asking in their usual booth wrapped in shadows in the back. When closing time came, she'd go ahead, shut the doors, and clean the restaurant, stealing glances back at the two men who continued to sit together.

        They had eyes only for each other, and though they kept their hands on their mugs of cocoa and coffee, Lana could tell, from the way the backs of their hands touched ever so slightly, where they really wanted those hands. Sometimes their shared gaze became so heated that even she blushed, and she wondered how in the world the rest of the town couldn't see what was right in front of them. They all thought that Clark still wanted her, but Lana knew, and had finally accepted, the truth. Clark only wanted Lex, and Lex would have bought the entire world just to have a second to spend alone with Clark.

        They really were quite sweet, she thought as they slipped back out into the night. She walked over to clean their table and collected the fifty dollar tip Lex usually left her. She knew it was silence money, but she wouldn't have told their secret for anything in the world regardless.

        Yet, tonight, there was something else with the money. Her smile grew as she read the simple note. Its simple words touched her heart: "Thank you." She gazed back toward the closed door and wondered if her friends knew how sweet they were together and why the world just couldn't accept love in all its grandeur forms.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.