Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
221
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
16
Hits:
1,530

B is for Bless

Summary:

Gloria has big news for Jay -- answer to blessing challenge at Aphrodite's Blessings

Work Text:

Jay stared blankly up at the ceiling of his bedroom. He was sixty-four years old. He had four grandchildren and the oldest granddaughter could already drive.

He had no plans to retire. Thanks to Gloria, he still rode a motorcycle. He had no trouble keeping up with Manny and he was in great shape for a man his age.

“Jay,” Gloria said softly and hesitantly.

Jay blinked and looked at her. “Honey.”

Gloria was propped up on her elbow, staring down at him. She ran her fingers through the hair on his chest. She bit her bottom lip. “Are you mad?”

“No, I’m not mad.” Jay shrugged helplessly. “How did this happen?”

One end of Gloria’s mouth quirked up. “If you don’t know how this happened, then maybe you’re getting the Alzheimer’s,” she teased although her tone lacked the usual bite.

Jay chuckled and rolled his eyes. “That’s not what I mean. We used protection.”

It was Gloria’s turn to shrug. “I guess it didn’t work.”

Jay blew out a long breath. “A baby,” he said at a loss.

“A baby,” Gloria echoed, watching him intently. Her accent grew thicker in her anxiety. “It’s a blessing, no.”

Jay smiled and caressed the side of her face. Then he wrapped an arm around her. He guided her head down to rest on his chest. He kissed her temple. “It’s a blessing, yes.”