Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
205
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
14
Hits:
549

The Flat Tire

Summary:

A funny little incident

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:


The Flat Tire
by Chante

 

I patrol I-65 in Kentucky from Louisville to Elizabethtown. A few days ago, I spotted a car limping along on a flat, so I asked the driver to pull over. He was young, Caucasion. Loud country music came from the radio, a wad of chewing tobacco filled his cheek. He gave me a brown-toothed grin as I approached the car. "Hidy." he said.

"Driving on a flat tire will ruin your rim." I said. "You don't have a spare?"

"Well, yeah, I got one, but my dog's tied to it at home." he said.

"Is anyone at home who could bring it to you?" I asked, presenting my cell phone to him.

"My wife is there. Maybe she could bring the pickup out. I could use the spare in the back of it."

"I doubt a truck tire would fit your car, sir. Maybe she could bring the tire your dog is tied to." I offered.

He scratched his head doubtfully for a minute and spit tobacco juice at my feet. "Well," he said, "I don't have nowhere else to tie my dog!"

I kept smiling and handed him the phone. Some days, my job is too much fun.

 

END

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Chante.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.