Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
456
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
19
Hits:
755

The Letter

Summary:

Greg responds to the letter he received from Nick.....

Work Text:

 

Greg sat in his office reading Nick's letter one more time. He was shocked when he got to work that night and saw the familiar handwriting on the envelope lying on his desk. At first he wanted to just throw the letter away, but curiosity got the better of him and he opened it. After reading what Nick had to say, Greg wiped the tears from his face and put the letter away. Deep down he was glad that things had worked out for Nick, but he was also saddened that he hadn't been quite as luck as Nick had.


For months after Nick had left, Greg walked around in a daze. He couldn't believe that Nick would actually go. True, Nick had made every effort to include Greg in the process, but Greg was stubborn and refused to even consider leaving. Greg had seen the warning signs even before Nick had said anything about what he was going through at work, but refused to even acknowledge them and stayed quiet. It was mostly for selfish reasons that Greg had given Nick a hard time, and Greg finally realized what it had cost him.


Deciding that it couldn't hurt to drop Nick a line, Greg sat back down at his desk to do just that.....


Dear Nick,

Thought I would drop you a line or two to let you know that I received your letter. It was good to hear from you after all this time. I'm glad to know that you are doing well. It's hard to imagine you working in a factory, but the bills have to be paid, right? So you finally got your ranch, huh? 40 acres? That's gonna be a lot of work, isn't it?

Nick, I want you to know that I realize now that I was wrong for being so selfish. I know that you were just doing what you had to do, and you were doing it for your sake as well as mine. I want you to know that I realize how wrong I was. I know that doesn't change things, but I just wanted you to know. I wish you the best in whatever you decide to do, and want you to know that I understand why things happened the way they did. Please take care of yourself..... Greg


Greg mailed the letter on his way home from the lab the next morning. He really did wish Nick the best, and hoped that Nick was happy. Greg knew that he was responsible for losing the best things he ever had, but he was starting to move on with his life, and knew he wouldn't make the same mistake a second time.....


END