Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,156
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
2,286

Sweet Dreams

Summary:

answer to Eurythmics' Sweet Dreams song prompt over at Aphrodite's Blessings -- Jay/Gloria with a little bit of Manny

Work Text:

Gloria stood in the bedroom and held her new dress up over her body in the mirror. She grinned at the snow leopard print and smoothed the velvety material over her stomach. She arched her eyebrows and hung the dress over the top of the mirror. Her voice boomed throughout the house. “Jay!” she called for her husband.

There was no answer although she was certain that her heard her, wherever he was. “Jay!”

“The Ohio State game is on, Mom,” Manny answered from the doorway.

Gloria waved that off. “Oh, yes. Football. I forgot. Are you ready for your sleepover?”

Manny grinned. “Just about. I have to get my sleeping bag down from the top of the closet.”

Gloria walked him out into the hall. She put an arm around his shoulders. “Manny, no prank wars this time.”

Manny nodded reluctantly. “Okay, Mom.”

Gloria leaned in close to his ear. “This isn’t like Columbia. Those boys have no idea what a real prank war is. Look how the parents overreacted when you set that bike on fire.”

“True.”

Gloria gave him another encouraging smile and pushed him into his room. “Finish getting your stuff together. Jay will take you over to your friend’s house.”

Manny frowned. “Does Jay know that?”

Gloria just grinned wider. “Not yet,” she answered and sauntered off. She went down the stairs into the family room.

As expected, Jay was on the couch watching the football game on his large hi-definition TV. He sat forward, on the edge of his seat. There was a half empty bottle of beer and a bowl of popcorn on the coffee table in front of him. “No! No! No! That’s what you get for missing that block! You just got our quarterback sacked!”

Gloria stood behind the couch. “Jay,” she said softly.

“Come on! Come on!” Jay yelled.

Gloria perched on the couch. She brought her knee up in front of her, exposing a smooth expanse of her leg. “Jay,” she tried again sweetly.

“You call that a punt, Jello Leg!”

Gloria used the voice that would cut through glass. “Jay.”

Jay muted the TV and turned to her in exasperation. “What?”

Gloria smiled and ran her hand along her leg. “Jay,” she purred. “I need you to take Manny to the sleepover.”

“But the game’s on,” Jay protested. However, his eyes never left her leg or her perfect foot with the bright teal nail polish on the toenails.

Gloria leaned in close to make sure and give him a full view of her cleavage. “I know. But you’re recording it, right?”

It took a moment for Jay to answer. “Right. But why can’t you do it?”

“I have some things I have to do.”

“But the game’s on,” Jay protested again weakly.

Gloria batted her eyelashes. “Please.”

Jay blew a out a long breath and shook his head as if to clear it. He turned the TV off and stood. He motioned to Gloria. “Work out shorts and a tank top. That’s hardly fair.”

Gloria came around to his side of the couch. She took his arm and kissed his cheek. “Thank you, Papi.”

Jay gave her a quick squeeze. Then he went to the table by the front door and picked up his keys. “Manny,” he hollered. “Let’s go.”

Manny ran out of his room and down the steps. “I’m ready, Jay!”

Gloria kissed Manny’s forehead. “Have a good time.”

She waved and closed the front door. Then she dragged her last birthday gift out from the back of the closet and set it up in the family room. She couldn’t understand why Manny hated it so but this wasn’t the time to worry about it. She chose a spot out of sight of the front door.

Afterwards, she ran upstairs. She took a quick shower, did her make up, and put on her new dress. She looked at herself in the full length mirror. The dress hugged every curve and the three inch black heels completed the look.

“Gloria, I’m back!” Jay called.

“Coming!” Gloria stood on the second floor landing and waited until Jay looked up at her. She smiled seductively at his heated stare. She took her time walking down the steps.

Jay avidly watched her and the way she moved. “What’s…” his voice failed. He cleared his throat. “What’s the occasion?”

Gloria came to the bottom of the steps. She ran her hands down her sides. “No occasion. I just wanted to surprise my husband.” She did a slow turn. “Do you like?”

Jay swallowed and pulled at his collar. “Very much.”

Gloria sauntered up to him and planted her hands on his chest. “Close your eyes.”

Jay stared down into her dark brown eyes for a moment before his gaze slid down to her bright red lips and then to her breasts. “Do I have to?”

Gloria slid her fingers through his hair to the back of his head. She pulled him close for a breathtaking kiss. When she pulled away, his eyes were closed. He tried to follow her but she tapped his nose. “Keep them closed.”

Jay grunted. “All right.”

Gloria took Jay’s hands and led him into the family room. She pushed him to sit down on the couch. “Wait right here, Papi.”

Jay rested his hands on her hips. “Can I open my eyes now?”

Gloria laughed and stepped out of his grasp. “No.”

Jay reached out for her. “Evil woman.”

Gloria laughed louder. She went over to her birthday present. She turned it on, picked up the microphone, and shut her eyes. She took a deep breath and began to sing. “Sweet dreams are made of this. Who am I to disagree?”

She poured out all her feelings for Jay, totally unaware that she was tone deaf. Her voice cracked half way through the song and she compensated by singing louder. “I travel the world and the seven seas. Everybody’s looking for something.”

Silence rested heavily in the atmosphere when Gloria finished. She opened her eyes. A triumphant smile graced her face. “You’re my special something, Papi.”

Then she saw him hugging his arms across his chest. He rocked slightly back and forth. His eyes were squeezed shut and tears ran down his cheeks.

Gloria rushed to Jay, straddled his lap, and hugged him. She pressed his head to her chest. “Oh, Mi Amor, that’s so sweet.”

Jay wrapped his arms around her. He sniffed and pulled back just enough to see her beaming face. His voice was rough. “I don’t have the words to describe your song. It moved me.”

Gloria kissed him. “I’m so happy. I could sing you something else. Do you have any requests?”

Jay tightened his hold. “Hey, how about we go out tonight? We could go salsa dancing.”

“I thought you hated that.”

“Hate is too strong a word.”

Gloria giggled. “Wonderful. I love the salsa dancing.”

Jay released her and stood. “Just let me go change.”

Gloria was going to go scroll through the songs on the karaoke machine when Jay grabbed her wrist. “Jay?”

Jay tugged her along. “Come and pick my shirt and tie for me.”

Gloria took the lead. “You have the perfect tie to go with my dress.”