Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
436
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
10
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
839

Coming To The End

Summary:

Nick reflects on the end...

Work Text:

 

Nick was afraid he was losing his mind. He felt that way because it seemed that no matter what he did, or tried to do, he couldn't seem to get it through his head that Greg was with someone else now, and that the two of them were really through. He spent his days at work going through the motions, and his nights were spent pacing up and down the hall talking to the walls.


After all the years they had been together and all the things they had been through, Nick never dreamed that things would end the way they had. When he discovered Greg's infidelity, he was numb. To his credit, Nick did his best to remain civil to Greg and to be as mature as he possible could about the situation. That was on the outside. On the inside, Nick was pissed, hurt, and felt so alone.


Work was really hard for Nick. He wouldn't even talk to his friends about the situation. When word got around that he and Greg had broken up, Nick just said that it was for the best, and when asked why it happened, Nick just replied that they had grown apart. He was afraid to tell them that Greg had found someone else. He and Greg treated each other professionally, and made it seem as if the break-up was amicable.


At home was a different story for Nick. He tried to keep busy, but there was so much distracting him. Random thoughts of Greg would come into his mind, and he would remember things they had done together. He went to some of the places they used to go remembering fun times they had together. But the one thing that kept going through Nick's mind was “Why?”


Nick never could understand why Greg would want someone else. He had tried to be a good partner to Greg. He didn't cheat, or lie, and he always tried to treat Greg good. Sure, they argued, but so did most couples. The things they usually argued about were things that were resolved easily, and they didn't stay mad at each other for very long. Nick knew that the question of “why?” would always bother him.


Nick also knew that he was going to have to take the bull by the horns and start the process of getting on with his life. He knew that it would be a long time before he got involved again, and IF he did, he was going to do his level best to make sure it was with someone who deserved him.....


THE END