Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2013-07-17
Words:
7,906
Chapters:
14/14
Comments:
5
Kudos:
34
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
3,947

Going Home

Summary:

River has been sent to academy (a good one) and it has been four years since she has seen him. Her heart belongs to one man who she can't wait to see again.

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

Title: Going Home

Pairing: Mal/River

Rating: PG

Spoilers: Serenity

Disclaimer: I don't own Serenity or any of the characters I am doing this for fun and am not making any money

Summary: River has been sent to academy (a good one) and it has been four years since she has seen him. Her heart belongs to one man who she can't wait to see again.

Feedback: Yes please

Chapter One River

River sat outside alone it was a warm sunny day, groups of friends sat together laughing and joking underneath the beautiful blue sky, she was always by herself. At times the loneliness covered her like a blanket, it felt as if ice ran through her veins and there was a coldness that went straight to her soul, but then she would think of her family travelling out in space, running from trouble or walking straight into it and that warmed straight to the core of her being and chased the coldness away. It had been four long years since she had seen him. No one liked that she was a genius and then of course you had the odd and random things that she would sometimes say. Her mind did work better, she managed to mostly stop saying things that no one would understand but it was still fragmented and the world she saw was not the same way everyone else did.

When she had first arrived River had been asked out a few times but her answer had always been no, reading their minds showed her what they wanted but there were a couple of guys that were truly interested but her heart belonged to someone else, to her captain.

Mal Reynolds.

They had become closer after Wash had died. The two of them flying the ship and with nothing else to do, they talked and talked. Gradually they opened up she would talk about what happened at the academy, the nightmares that followed. He would talk about the war and his nightmares. They began to know each other better than anyone else. It had happened very slowly and before she knew it, it was love, the head over heels kind. Deep down River knew that no matter what happened her heart would always be his and couldn't wait to get back home to Serenity.

River knew that Mal loved her, she read it. As soon as he had realised what he felt Mal had talked to her brother and they had sent her away to have a 'normal life' but she had the life she wanted, there was nothing better for her. The young woman let Mal get away for the moment, but they would be together, they loved each other and he would have to except that. They were two broken halves that together made a slightly damaged but they completed each other.

TBC

Next Chapter is Simon's POV