Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
253
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
22
Hits:
888

The Face Of A Clown

Summary:

Greg faces up to losing Nick.....

Work Text:

 

Everybody thinks I'm a clown. I always laugh and joke with everybody, and tell jokes. I'm always doing something goofy or saying something funny. I figure that if I keep them laughing, they won't see what's really going on with me.


It's hard for me to smile when I feel like crying, but I'm trying to at least keep a grin plastered on my face. Everyone thinks I'm happy for them, and maybe I will be in time, but not now. I really can't blame him though. He's hurt me more than anyone has ever hurt me before, but he has no idea what he's done. I plan to keep it that way.


You see, Nick Stokes got married today, and yes, I went to the wedding. Call it masochistic on my part, but I went. See, Nick never knew I was in love with him, and had been for a long time. When he saw me, he only saw his friend Greggo, the lovable puppy dog who was always there. I kept my clown face on at all times because I knew Nick would never want me the way I wanted him.


You see, I've got my pride, and I will hide my tears when I speak to Nick to congratulate him. I don't want him to know what this is doing to me, and I won't give anybody the pleasure of knowing the hurt behind the face of a clown.


END