Actions

Work Header

To Handle It Without You

Summary:

While they go through the Clue Club clubhouse and look for something to take with them to college,a teenage Dotty allows herself to one last moment Larry,Pepper and D.D. before they leave.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

It was while three of the older members of the Clue Club Larry,D.D. and Pepper were going over some stuff in their old clubhouse to see what they should take with them to college that a teenage Dotty had stepped into the room,cleared her throat and asked,"Do you guys want me to turn on the light?Maybe that will help you see better.",only to have Larry look at the sadness on Dotty's face,give her a big hug and say,"No thanks,Dotty.All we want you to do is take good care of yourself and the dogs."

"That reminds me,Larry.Where are Woofer and Wimper?",that was what a curious D.D. had asked Larry while he was looking around the room for those two hounds just before Pepper had rolled her eyes and said,"Uh oh!I think I know where they are,Guys!"And of course,that had made Larry laugh for a little bit and say,"Same here,Pepper.You and D.D. better get out to the car and make stop them from fooling around with the horn or something like that."

And after both Pepper and D.D. had left the room,Dotty had closed her eyes,lowered her head and said,"I'm really going to miss you guys,Larry.I just don't know if I could be able to handle it without you,Pepper and D.D. around."That had an understanding Larry place his hand under Dotty's chin,lift up her head and said,"Trust me,Dotty.The trick is to remember that we'll always be with you in your heart,okay?"And after Dotty had smiled and said 'okay' to Larry,they had rushed outside to make sure that Woofer had not made a mess of the car.

THE END!

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Andrew Troy Keller.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.