Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
300
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
4
Hits:
875

Late For Tonight's Party

Summary:

After he looks at his watch,Phil Foster goes to the bathroom to see if his wife Claire is finally ready to go to a party and hope that it does not become a disaster like last time.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

It was after a certain New Jersey tax lawyer named Phil Foster had looked at his watch that he had let out a sigh,knocked on the bathroom door and asked,"Claire,are you ready yet?I don't want us to be late for tonight's party after what we had gone through the last time at that trendy Manhattan restaurant.",which had caused the voice of his wife to say from the other side of the door,"Well,Phil.I did tell you that taking that reservation from a couple who had not shown up was a bad idea."That had made Phil roll his eyes and say,"I know,Claire.I know.And to tell you the truth,I really am glad that we don't have to worry about getting chased by mobsters who want their flash drives back."

"And crooked cops who happen to be on their payroll.",that was what Claire had said after she had opened the door and stepped out of the bathroom and before she had placed her hand on the back of her head and added,"Sorry to take so long.I had some trouble with a curly part of my hair."And after he had placed a gentle hand on her cheek,Phil had smiled at his beloved wife and said,"It's fine the way it is,Honey.Just like you.",which had made Clair smile and plant a deep kiss on her husband's lips.

"Instead of going to the party,let's stay home tonight.",that was what Claire had said before she had slipped out of her black velvet dress and stepped into the master bedroom with Phil where they had called their friends at the party and told them that Mr. and Mrs. Foster were unable to attend.

THE END!

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Andrew Troy Keller.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.