Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2011-07-13
Words:
3,360
Chapters:
6/6
Comments:
10
Kudos:
22
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
3,883

Gibbs in Space

Summary:

Gibbs and crew are dispatched to a distant planet to stop a plague and a bloody civil war. Set in the Star Trek universe, twenty years after the events of the movie "Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country".

Chapter 1: Prologue

Notes:

I own neither NCIS nor Star Trek, darnit. I'm just playing in their sandbox. I make no money from this.

Chapter Text

Stardate 241402.11


Prologue…


Sector 7, the Planet N'vYrrd,


It has been twenty years since the forging of the original Federation-Klingon Peace Accord at Camp Kitomer. The United Federation of Planets has been trying to open its colonies for the now ‘welcome' Klingon immigrants: families fleeing a dying world.

The colony on the planet N'vYrrd hosts one such mixed population, and it teeters on the brink of civil war. Old hatreds and suspicions die hard, and the ‘mixed' populations are divided into two camps: ‘original' Federation citizens maintain holdings on prime real estate, while Klingon immigrants are shuffled off to the city slums.


A few well-financed immigrants were granted ‘farmland' on the tundra, which the human population considered wasteland. Here the Klingon crops flourish, especially their purple X*hosh bush, from which the Klingons make tea. The plant is toxic to humans, and the bush, which flowers once every decade, is suspected in a sudden plague that has struck the human population…


Fever, delirium, and convulsions wrack women and young girls; doctors are baffled at a disease that affects one woman in a family but leaves two others untouched. Tricorder readings only suggest an allergic reaction, which casts suspicion on the X*hosh flower, but Klingon authorities steadfastly refuse to offer them for testing. The plant is considered holy, and the Klingon elders suspect an excuse to destroy their most valuable crop…


Talks have stalled. The Human Governor of N'vYrrd, Ichabod Shephard, has acquiesced to the demands of his Klingon counterpart, the Honorable Ng*am son of Xil*h, and petitioned the Federation for an investigator and alternate ambassador for the talks. Starfleet is sending its best team: the Major Crisis Response team, led by one Agent L.J. Gibbs, a former Starfleet combat trooper…