Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
413
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
25
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,180

One Days In Life

Summary:

It's the one days in life that change you and make your future. ((Tony's musings on his life with Gibbs)). TIBBS.

Work Text:

One day...

One day he walked into my life, and I knew it would never be the same.

One day he asked me my name, and I knew he would never forget it.

One day he asked me how I liked my job, and I knew I wanted to be with him… wherever that was.

One day he had me come to see him, and I knew I had made an impression on him somehow.

One day he slapped me in the back of the head, and I knew I was his favorite.

One day he kissed me, and I knew I was 'his' forever.

One day he asked me to move in, and I knew I was a perfect fit for him.

One day he asked me to marry him, and I stood before him in shock…

The one day that I didn't know what to say… he said what seemed like a million words.

One day he promised to encourage & inspire me, to laugh with me, and to comfort me in times of sorrow & struggle, and I stood there in awe of him with a smile on my face & a tear in my eye.

One day he promised to love me in good times & in bed, and when our love is simple & when it is an effort, and I knew at that very moment he would be able to let his guard down for once.

One day he saw our child brought into the world with me, I knew that he would love me for the rest of my life.

One day he heard our son say his first word:  "Daddy"… and, just as a tear rolled down his cheek, he looked at me and smiled, and I knew… I just knew… he was truly happy.

One day he'll be gone from this world, and I know I will be left with all of my memories of him…

But, for now… he has every single ‘one day' with me & our child, and that's one day extra that I cherish more than life itself… one more day that I can say he's mine…

~fin~

** ((This story is dedicated to all of those great men out there, who don't get the recognition that they should… we love you guys no matter what… just keep smiling and laughing, and telling us ‘I love you'… the rest will come in time… I promise…)) **