Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
347
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
20
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,586

Computer Crash

Summary:

answer to everyday events challenge: computer crash

Work Text:

Dave typed the last sentence for the chapter. He sat back and looked at the screen. He reread his prose and nodded. “That’s good.”

Derek came into Dave’s study and went to stand behind him. He started rubbing Dave’s shoulders. “Done?”

Dave rested the back of his head against Derek’s stomach. “For now.”

Derek leaned down to nuzzle the side of Dave’s neck. “Good. I think you deserve a reward,” he whispered huskily.

Dave brought a hand up to touch Derek’s head. His voice came out a low rumble. “Just what did you have in mind?”

Derek’s hands slid down Dave’s chest. “I’ve got a sweet tooth tonight. Chocolate syrup.”

“Sounds decadent,” Dave murmured. “Just let me save this first.” He clicked on the save icon and the screen went blank. He stared at it. His brow furrowed. “What the…”

Derek didn’t stop his attentions to Dave’s neck but he did feel Dave tense. “What?”

Dave sat forward, away from Derek’s touch. “No. No. No.”

Derek frowned. “Oh.”

“What happened to it?” Dave asked at a loss.

“I think it’s gone,” Derek said sheepishly.

Dave tapped the side of the monitor. “No. I was happy with it.”

“Sorry.”

Dave glanced suspiciously over his shoulder. “Didn’t you tell Garcia we made up?”

Derek shifted his weight from one foot to the other. He didn’t look at Dave. “That was Thursday night.”

Dave’s eyes narrowed. “And this is Saturday.”

“I’m enjoying our long weekend. I was gonna do it when we got back to work on Monday.”

Dave faced forward. He sighed in frustration and pinched the bridge of his nose. “That’s just great.”

Derek hugged Dave from behind. “I really am sorry,” he said earnestly. He kissed the side of Dave’s head. “Let me make it up to you.”

Dave rubbed Derek’s arms. “You’re going to have to do a lot to get back into my good graces.”

Derek swiftly turned Dave’s chair to face him. He leaned in and gave Dave a long, thorough kiss. Then he broke off with a grin. “Then I’d better get started.”