Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
407
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
839

That Time of the Month

Summary:

answer to everyday events challenge: first day of a woman's period

Work Text:

Derek whistled as he got off the elevator. Suddenly, he stopped short and any sounds of merriment died in his throat. His gut twisted when he saw all the candy wrappers sitting on Emily’s desk.

Derek looked around and carefully set his bag next to his desk. He counted the wrappers. There were exactly twenty. Ten mini Snickers for Emily and ten mini Almond Joy for JJ. He looked around for them again, his heart pounding in his chest. “Where are they?”

Spencer zipped past him. “They’re in with Garcia and the mood has not improved.”

Derek glanced over his shoulder to see the elevator doors closing, saving a freaked out Spencer. He took one step towards Garcia’s office. He didn’t hear but them he just knew they were coming.

Derek swiftly turned and bolted across the bullpen. He took the steps two at a time. He didn’t have time to wonder why Hotch’s lights were off and door closed. He ran into Dave’s office, slammed the door behind him, locked it, and leaned against it.

Dave looked up from the file he was reading. He frowned. “They’re all together, aren’t they?”

Derek took a moment to catch his breath. He closed the blinds. “Yeah. In this mood, they’re like a pack of velociraptors.”

Dave rubbed the back of his neck. “I remember my mother and sisters all in sync, but this is downright scary.”

Derek peeked out. “Yeah. My mom and sisters curled up on the couch with the remote and all the junk food in the house. I learned early on just to stay out of their way.”

“That’s just what we have to do.”

“You should’ve seen Reid running out of here.”

Dave sighed. “And Aaron called in sick. He said Jack’s got the flu.”

Derek turned to Dave. He put his hands on his hips and shook his head. “I just saw Jack yesterday. He was fine.”

Dave chuckled. “Do you blame our fearless leader?”

Derek cracked a smile. “No, I guess not.”

Dave arched his eyebrows suggestively. “Why don’t you come over here and let me take your mind off of it?”

Derek peeked through the blinds to see Emily taking a big bag of chocolate out of her desk and start heading back towards Garcia’s sanctum. He sighed in relief and turned back with a grin. “We’re gonna be holed up here for a while. We might as well enjoy ourselves.”