Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
301
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
1,043

A Little Bit Of Praise

Summary:

Before Abby gets her coat and goes home,Kerry has something to say to her.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

It was a cold and snowy February night inside the emergency room of Chicago,Illinois' very own Cook County General Hospital one of the resident doctors named Abby Lockhart had looked at her watch,signed off on her last patient and walked over to the lounge,only to have a fellow doctor named Kerry Weaver walk right up to Abby,tap on her shoulder and say,"Say,Abby.Before you give the rest of the evening the brush off,there's something that you might want to know."

But of course,that had resulted in Abby rolling her eyes,letting out a sigh and saying,"I should've seen this coming!Okay,Kerry!When does Doctor Anspaugh want me to see him in his office?",only to have Kerry let out a big laugh and say,"No,Abby!No!You're not in trouble!It's just that Donald and I want you to know that you really are doing an outstanding job and we appreciate that."

"Oh.Thanks,Kerry.That really is nice of you to say.Look,Kerry.I better get myself home,put my head down on a pillow and get some sleep.Otherwise,I'm going to be totally cranky tomorrow morning.",that was what a relieved Abby had said to Kerry after she had looked at her watch one more time and before an understanding Kerry had placed a gentle hand on Abby's shoulder and said,"Sure thing,Abby.I've just wanted to give you a little bit of praise.See you tomorrow,Abby."And after she had said 'good night' to Kerry,Abby had stepped into the lounge,taken her coat out of the locker and put it on before leaving the hospital and going straight home because her shift was over and she had needed some sleep.

THE END!

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Andrew Troy Keller.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.