Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,031
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,079

Close Quarters

Summary:

AJ takes things into his own hands when Harm and Mic fight. Gibbs just comes along for the Hell of it.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Disclaimer: The characters from the show aren't mine, they belong to others. No copyright infringement intended. Any characters you don't recognise are mine. Feedback would be nice, positive feedback would be nicer. Enjoy!

Category: JAG/NCIS crossover testosterone-fueled gen fic
Characters: Brumby/Rabb/AJ/Gibbs
Series: No
Spoilers: JAG: Up to Season Nine. NCIS: Season One
Summary: AJ takes things into his own hands when Harm and Mic fight. Gibbs just comes along for the Hell of it.
Archive: Just tell me where it's going
Additional 'stuff': There is no 'real' place this fic is set. Maybe Rock Creek Park? Who knows. Its just little bit of fun which came to me.

Title: Hands on management

//Late evening..a Georgetown bar//

"AJ? It's Lenny...look, I don't mind your boys in here but... yeah...oh yeah..thanks."

The bartender replaced the telephone on the wall hook and watched the two JAG officers who had begun by having a half-hearted drinking contest whilst simultaneously arguing over a woman. It had degenerated over several beers and was now close to a disturbance, attracting the attention and disquiet of his other customers.

After a short time, and a lot of alcohol, the banter became louder, more edgy and was accompanied by the occasional shove, instantly followed by angry words.

That was when Lenny pulled the folded card from his wallet and called the Admiral. A former SEAL, he was able to handle most things except guns and knives without help, but he knew the Admiral's rule about his team causing trouble.

**********************************

//Italian restaurant...the same time//

"If they made a movie of it, no-one would believe it." AJ topped up his water glass and did the same for Gibbs.

Gibbs laughed. "I'm getting old."

AJ rubbed a hand over his bald scalp. "Its gray, but at least you still got hair. Even if it is...what is that cut called?"

Gibbs scowled and reached for a breadstick, tossing it at AJ. "You're just jealous."

AJ nodded. "Yup. So...he's gonna be okay?"

Gibbs nodded. "He's got *months* of therapy ahead, but, yeah."

AJ frowned as his phone began to ring. "I don't believe.." He cast an apologetic look at Gibbs. "Chegwidden." He barked. He listened for a moment then snapped: "They're drunk?! You okay till I get there?" He listened a little longer then closed his phone. "I'm sorry...I gotta go." He stood up and reached over the back of the chair for his jacket.

"Work?" Gibbs frowned. Their monthly dinners were only interrupted by the most extreme emergencies and he was concerned.

"Too damn... much work." AJ sighed, getting up. "I've got an Aussie on detachment and he and Harm aren't exactly.." He shrugged, knowing Jethro Gibbs would understand.

Gibbs chuckled. "Mind if I tag along?" He signaled for the check and pulled out his wallet.

"I thought it was my turn?" AJ queried.

"You gotta bail two of them out of jail, it's gonna cost you more than dinner." Gibbs grinned, ignoring AJ's angry look.

AJ headed out to the car while Gibbs tucked the receipt for dinner into his wallet.

********************************

//Back in the bar...//

"You stay away from Mac! She's *way* out of your league!" Rabb snarled.

Brumby laughed. "You're jealous!"

Deciding things were getting just a little bit too heated, Lenny stepped out from behind the bar at the same moment the door opened and AJ and Gibbs walked in. Acknowledging the Admiral with a relieved smile, Lenny nodded and stepped back.

"Okay gentlemen, what say we call it a night?"

Rabb turned on his barstool and almost fell off. "Admiral... uh.." He looked from the familiar face to the man at his side. //Damn, what *was* that guy's name?// "Uh...Gunny?" He knew there was something wrong with the Admiral and the NCIS guy being there, but he couldn't work out what.

Brumby began to object but Gibbs moved into his personal space and shook his head. "You're done. Let's go."

Brumby reached for his drink, but a hand on his forearm stopped him. A very tightly-gripping hand. "Hey mate!" He looked up quickly and saw several outlines, shimmering and wobbly, of an older man who did *not* look very friendly.

Brumby stared at the grey-haired man who hadn't moved since he had reached for his drink. "You got a problem mate?"

Gibbs sighed, looked at AJ for the briefest moment and, as if they were one, both men spun the two younger men off their barstools in unison and all four were out the door before either of them could protest, AJ calling over his shoulder, apologizing to the bartender who waved at them with a friendly smile. //Those kids...they were going to regret being born. And then some.//

The cool night air and light rain sobered Harm up just enough to realize he was in trouble.

Brumby seemed slightly less drunk and struggled in Gibbs' grip. Ignoring him and holding him easily, Gibbs nodded at the Admiral's car. "I think they should get some fresh air. Don't want them throwing up in your car."

"Good idea." AJ nodded and frog-marched Rabb down the street.

Brumby looked around at the Admiral crossly. "Sir...we were just...having a drink."

AJ's eyes narrowed and he unconsciously tightened his grip on Rabb's collar, eliciting a pained yelp from the younger man. "You were bothering the other customers Commander. Now shut up and get going!"

"I didn't say anything!" Harm protested. Predictably, he was ignored.

After a couple of blocks, AJ stopped. "You know what, Special Agent Gibbs? I think these hotheads need some time to cool off. You busy this weekend?"

Gibbs shook his head. "Nope. I was gonna work on the boat. What you got in mind Admiral?"

AJ chuckled softly. "How about a lesson in co-operation?"

Gibbs grinned. "Oh yeah...great idea." He pulled his cell phone out of his jacket pocket and pressed the speed dial. "Dinozzo? Gibbs. I'm...sick. You're on call this weekend. Call Dispatch and tell them." Before the younger agent could respond, Gibbs folded his phone closed and tucked it back into his jacket.

 

Not intending to continue this anytime soon...

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author fanficwriter101.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.