Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
543
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
9
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,307

A Fluffy Moment

Summary:

a fluffy interlude during "Exit Wounds"

Work Text:

Penelope smirked, reached back, and grabbed Derek’s wrist. “Dibs,” she announced triumphantly.

Derek just rolled his eyes and ignored the way the others were laughing at them. “Fine.” He pointed at her. “I’ll take the floor.”

“Oh, you don’t have too,” Penelope purred and laughed.

JJ shook her head in amusement at Penelope and tapped Penelope’s knee. “Remember Kevin.”

Penelope made a show of sticking her bottom lip out. “I suppose I have to behave. Spoiled sport.”

Emily snickered and stood. She tilted her head in JJ’s direction. “JJ?”

JJ nodded. “Sure.”

Emily and JJ disappeared up the stairs. Aaron just looked at Dave and Dave nodded.

Spencer folded his arms across his chest. He pouted. “Why doesn’t anyone want to room with me?”

Derek mock scowled. “Because you’re part octopus.” He paused to smirk at Dave. “No offense, Pretty Boy, but you’re not the one I want to wake up to pawing me.”

Dave grinned but didn’t say anything.

“Oh, please. I don’t need that image.” Spencer scoffed and jumped to his feet. “I can’t help it,” he muttered petulantly. “I get cold.”

Before Derek could reply, Aaron waved towards the steps. “After you, Reid.”

Spencer threw another glare at Derek before he smiled at Penelope. Then he turned to trudge up the steps. “Night.”

“See you in the morning,” Aaron said and followed.

“Behave yourselves, children,” Dave added.

Derek waited until he and Penelope were alone before he pulled his wrist away. He flopped down on the couch next to her. He growled in disappointment. “You had to call dibs.”

Penelope batted her eyelashes. “You don’t have to worry. Hotch isn’t going to make a move on Rossi.”

“I know,” Derek grumbled.

Penelope chuckled evilly. “Now, Stud, you know that you can’t room with Rossi while we’re here.”

“Why not?”

Penelope squeezed his arm and leaned in close. “You, Rossi, and a bed. Have you seen those hotel rooms? The walls are as thin as paper. If the landlady heard you, it would be all over town by tomorrow.”

“We have an agreement. Never during a case,” Derek answered, not sounding very impressed. “Contrary to popular opinion, we can control our urges.”

Penelope rested her chin on his shoulder and flashed her best puppy dog eyes. “Being the wonderful, fabulous friend that I am, I’m keeping you from temptation.”

“I see,” Derek said dryly but he cracked a smile. He put an arm around her and gave her an affectionate squeeze.

“And maybe, just maybe, I’ll catch a glimpse of you without your shirt on.”

Derek playfully pushed her away. “I don’t know if I’ll be that nice to you, Mama.” He tapped her on the tip of her nose and stood. “Being the wonderful, fabulous friend that I am, I’ll keep you from temptation.”

Penelope held a hand over her heart. “You’re a cruel man, Agent Morgan.”

Derek bared his teeth and put his hands on his hips. “If you step on me when you came in the room later, I’ll show you how cruel a man I can be.”

Penelope laughed. “I’d never dream of it.” She shooed him away. “Go, get some sleep. I have a lot of work to do.”

“Good night, Baby Girl.”

“Good night, Chocolicious.”