Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
200
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
15
Hits:
927

Outsider

Summary:

Drabble. He knows he's an outsider, and he wishes things were different.

Work Text:

Sometimes, he can't help but wish things were different.

He wishes people wouldn't commit crimes in the first place.

He wishes his co-workers would accept his profiles and evaluations without a fight.

He wishes he didn't have to put so much into the job; wishes he had time and energy left after work so that he could find love, or that, like the detectives, he had a partner who understood it all.

He wishes that he didn't always have to stay composed, that once- just once- he could have the luxury of hitting something or someone, like most of the detectives have done at some point.

He wishes he wasn't an outsider: that maybe he would occasionally be invited to get drinks, or to parties and celebrations.

But he knows all those things are unlikely, if not impossible. He knows he's an outsider: he knows he won't be treated like the detectives. He knows he has all the downs but none of the ups of working with special victims.

But when he looks into the face of a victim, he's compelled to continue to work to help them, and he's compelled to understand perpetrators minds so he can stop them.