Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
312
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
17
Hits:
776

It Isn't Time Yet

Summary:

A teen's best friend wants to go see 'Star Wars',only to have that teen say 'no way'.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

It was on May 25th,1977 that a young man named Kevin Segel was sitting on the living room sofa and watching 'American Bandstand' on ABC-TV just before his best friend Jason Schwimmer had walked into the house,given Kevin a smack on the head and said,"Come on,Man!Don't you want to get over to the theater for a good seat to see that new movie 'Star Wars'?"But as soon as Kevin had looked at the clock on a wall,let out a sigh and said,"Look,Jason!I've kept on telling you!It isn't time yet!You just have to wait,okay?",only to have Jason yell at the top of his lungs,"WELL,I AM SO VERY,VERY SORRY TO BE INTERRUPTING YOUR TV WATCHING,MAN!BUT DON'T YOU EVEN KNOW THAT I JUST MIGHT WANT TO BE THE FIRST IN LINE TO GET SOME FREE SNACKS FOR THE BOTH OF US,EH?!"

"LOOK,JASON!IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED,I'M ONE OF THOSE GUYS WHO GO BY THE TIME ON THAT CLOCK OVER THERE!AND IF YOU DON'T WANT TO WAIT ONE WHOLE SECOND FOR YOUR SNACKS,THEN WHY DON'T YOU GO BY YOURSELF?!",that was what an upset Kevin had asked Jason,who--in turn--had turned towards the door,stormed out of the house and slammed that door shut.And after that had caused Kevin to plop himself back down on the sofa and let out a sigh,someone had handed a bowl of popcorn to Kevin and said,"Don't worry about it,Kid.You wouldn't miss much anyway.And besides,that best friend of yours is a total jerk."Then,after Kevin had turned towards the one 'Star Wars' character known as Han Solo,he had let out a sigh and said,"I know,Han.And thanks for sharing the popcorn."

THE END!

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Andrew Troy Keller.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.