Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
302
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
716

The Package

Summary:

A fast food worker finds a mysterious package in the mail after she gets home from work.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Grace Hunter had came home after a full day of working at the local McDonald's,opened her mailbox and noticed a package along with some other stuff.And after she had brought it all into the house and placed that package on the kitchen table,Grace had placed some leftovers on a paper plate and into the microwave.Then,after she had turned the microwave on to heat up the leftovers,a curious Grace had looked at the package and noticed that it had a plain brown wrapper with only her name and address on it.

And after she had stared at the package until the microwave had beeped,Grace had taken her warmed up leftovers out and placed the plate in-between herself and the package.Each and every time she takes bite of her dinner,Grace had sneaked a peek at the package and tried to figure out who had sent it to her and why,only to get not one single answer.And as soon as she had finished her supper and tossed the paper plate in the garbage can,Grace had let out a sigh and said,"Okay,Grace.Let's get this over with."

And after she had picked up the package and ripped the plain brown wrapping off of it,Grace's eyes had grown wide at the sight of a picture of both herself and her mother when she was a little girl along with a note which had said,"My darling Grace--I hope you enjoy this little gift.Happy Birthday,Sweetie.--Love,Mom."That had made Grace put the picture on the coffee table,let out a smile and say with tears running down her cheeks,"I'm sorry,Mom!I really didn't mean to take off on you and Dad like that!So sorry!"

THE END!

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Andrew Troy Keller.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.