Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,090
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
22
Hits:
1,475

Fic: 10 Songs - Criminal Minds

Summary:

10 short songfics starring David Rossi and Derek Morgan

Work Text:

Answer to challenge and my first experiment in the fandom.

1. Pick a character, fandom, pairing, friendship, whatever.
2. Put on your music program on shuffle/random and start playing songs.
3. For each song, write something inspired by the song related to the theme you chose earlier. You only have the song length. No pre-planning and no writing after the song is over. No skipping songs either.
4. Do 10 songs and post. Make sure to include the song name/artist.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. When I’m Gone by Three Doors Down

Derek Morgan sat in the SUV. His posture was rigid. He had a white knuckle grip on the steering wheel.

He glared at himself in the rearview mirror. It shouldn’t be this hard to walk away.

It wasn’t serious, this thing with Dave. It couldn’t be. It was just a thing, a no-strings attached thing. He had no better word for it besides thing.

He grunted. Besides, he knew Dave Rossi. He left before Dave could walk out on him.

His mind flashed back to the hurt Dave couldn’t quite hide before the sarcastic mask slipped firmly back into place. He blinked and put the car in gear. He couldn’t, wouldn’t think about it anymore.

 

2. I Feel You by Three Doors Down

Derek sat at the bar, staring at his glass of beer. He didn’t react when Emily slipped onto the stool beside him. She nudged him lightly but her voice was serious, “You didn’t have to do that.”

Derek swallowed heavily but didn’t move to take a drink. “Yes, I did. The longer I put it off, the harder it would be.”

“No, you didn’t. Can’t you see what you two are doing to each other?”

Derek gave a bittersweet smile. “Let it go.”

“You miss him already, you know.”

 

3. Sarah Yellin’ by Three Doors Down

The case was brutal but at least the unsub wouldn’t be targeting any more families. Dave sat in his office with the door closed. He had his head back and eyes closed. He didn’t react when Derek slipped in. He listened to Derek’s footsteps and then the clink of two glasses being set on his desk.

“I brought the good stuff this time,” Derek said quietly.

Dave raised his head to look at Derek. He managed a half smile. “You’re finally learning.”

“I have a good teacher.”

Dave licked his lips. “Come home with me.”

Derek hesitated but nodded. “Okay.”

 

4. Two Out of Three Ain’t Bad by Meatloaf

Dave opened his hotel room door to find a hesitant Derek just raising a hand to knock. He pinched the bridge of his nose. “What do you want, Morgan?”

Derek straightened up and gave his most charming smile. “Can I come in?”

“Do you really want to do this again?” Dave asked wearily.

Derek shrugged. “I was stupid, okay? I can admit it.”

Dave looked Derek up and down before stepping back. “Somehow, I think I’m gonna regret this.”

Derek kicked the door shut and crowded Dave against the wall. He leaned in and nipped at Dave’s bottom lip. “Trust me.”

 

5. Flirtin’ With Disaster by Molly Hatchet

This was a bad idea, a very bad idea. Dave shouldn’t have let himself to be attracted to Derek in the first place. Since, he couldn’t really control that, he shouldn’t have acted on it.

They were both strong, alpha males, and they’d clashed from the very beginning. Yet, he found he liked challenging and being challenged by Derek. When Derek shoved him back into a wall, he thought punches would start flying. Instead, there was an insistent tongue in his mouth and strong, hot hands roaming all over him.

Dave wasn’t sure how they made it to his bed that first time. He remembered waking up with Derek pressed against his back and a heavy arm across his waist. It was a good way to wake up and yet his gut was insistent. This would end up being a disaster. Too bad he could never walk away from a challenge.

 

6. The Sex is Good by Saving Abel

When the thought first popped into his head, Derek dismissed it. So what if that one night stand with Dave turned into any time they could find together. So what if neither of them left when they were finished. So what if they spent the night together.

Derek ran a hand over his head and shook the thought off. So what if he always woke up wrapped around Dave and amazingly content to be there. So what if the man’s ego didn’t bother him any more. So what if he saw the likable person underneath the asshole. The whole team knew that Dave was more than he appeared.

He wasn’t in love. The sex was good.

 

7. One Life by Jim Byrnes

“Are you taking the job in New York?” Dave asked casually.

Derek rolled onto his side and propped himself up on his elbow. “No. You were right. I’m not interested in the politics. It’s not my style.”

Dave kept his gaze on the ceiling. “Good.”

Derek trailed kisses along Dave’s jaw. “You gave me your word that you’ll pull me out if I ever start to lose it. I trust you,” he murmured.

“Can’t tell the rest of the team. They’d never believe it.”

Derek chuckled and ran a hand down Dave’s chest. “I think you learned the meaning of teamwork very well.”

 

8. Rock and Roll Dreams Come Through by Meatloaf

Derek dropped into the seat next to Dave on the jet. He followed Dave’s concerned gaze to a brooding Hotch. “What?” he whispered.

Dave shook his head. “Nothing.”

“Dave?”

“Hotch will handle it. He always does.”

Derek confidently took Dave’s hand and squeezed his fingers.

Dave squeezed back. “He’s always stronger when he comes through the fire.”

Derek leaned in close to Dave’s ear. “He’s not the only one,” he whispered barely loud enough for Dave to hear.

 

9. Something to be Proud Of by Montgomery Gentry

“He’s a bum,” the middle aged woman snarled.

Derek slammed his hand down on the interrogation table. “No, he wasn’t. He had a job. He tried to support his family.”

“And failed miserably.”

“You’re his mother. A little support from you…”

She folded her arms across her chest and snorted.

Derek turned away before he could really lose his temper. He stalked out of the room and bumped into Dave. “Damn,” he growled.

“It’s okay,” Dave whispered.

With Dave saying it, somehow Derek believed it.

 

10. Keep Your Hands to Yourself by Georgia Satellites

“No, Derek.”

“But, Dave,” Derek tried to protest.

Dave pushed Derek out of his room. “We agreed not during a case.”

Derek pouted and held his hands up. “I only want to sleep. I’ll behave. I promise.”

Dave smiled. “I’m not sure that I can. You’re too tempting.”