Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
218
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
985

Happiness Happens: Little Breeches Style

Summary:

Vin questions his uncle Josiah about a book and soon understands.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Happiness Happens: Little Breeches Style
by Pirate Turner

 

 

        "I don't understand," Vin said, wriggling his nose as he closed his book.

        "What don't you understand?" Josiah asked, moving to his nephew's side. He knew Vin had been reading the novel for school and was determined to help assure the youngster of a good grade.

        "The last line."

        "What's it say?"

        Vin opened it again and pointed the sentence out to Josiah. "Life happens when you're busy making other plans."

        Josiah smiled. He remembered reading this book. Squatting so that he was on Vin's level, he explained, "Sometimes we're so busy making plans of our own that we forget that the good Lord has His own plans for us. We don't understand some of the things that happen to us, especially the bad things, but it all happens for a reason."

        "You mean like when JD and I were out on the streets 'cause our Mommys died an' then Unca Buck an' Chris found us an' loved us an' took us in an' now we're all one big, happy family?"

        Josiah's smile filled his face. "Precisely, son." He hugged him.

        Vin returned his hug. Vin thought before asking, "Ya know what?"

        "What?"

        "I think I like this book after all."

        Josiah laughed and hugged his nephew again.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.