Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 14 of McHale's Navy Deleted Scenes
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
501
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
1,201

Deleted Scene: Will the Alligator Take the Stand

Summary:

scene takes place during ep "Will the Alligator Take the Stand"

Work Text:

Episode Summary: Binghamton tries to frame Parker with the theft of his wallet, but Parker is cleared, by the testimony of a good friend, named Sidney. -- from www.tv.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The crew of PT73 walked ahead of the officers on the way back to their base. “What a party,” Tinker complained.

“An alligator gate crasher. I didn’t sign up for this. Remind me to complain to my draft board,” Gruber added.

“Unfair,” Virgil stated. “Thanks to him, we couldn’t get anywhere with those dolls.”

The boys continued to grouse, while Parker continued to plead his case for a ship’s mascot. “Oh, can’t we keep him, Skip? He’s awful cute.” he pleaded for about the tenth time. “I’ll take care of him. I promise.”

“No,” McHale answered for the tenth time.

“I’ll even brush his teeth,” Parker said earnestly. “An alligator shouldn’t have cavities.”

McHale just stared at Parker for a moment but Parker’s expression didn’t change. “Have you flipped your lid?”

Parker pouted. “But Sidney’s so lonely out here by himself.”

“No,” McHale growled in exasperation and shoved Parker ahead of him. “Back to the base, Chuck. Go!”

Parker almost tripped over his own feet. “But--”

McHale grabbed Parker’s arm and pointed. “Will you move it!”

“Yes, Sir. Skip. Right away!” Parker jumped and ran ahead to catch up with the guys.

McHale shook his head and let out a long breath. “An alligator. Only Chuck could make friends with an alligator,” he muttered. He saw Chuck crash into Willy’s back and send the whole bunch to the ground. He rolled his eyes. “And name the animal Sidney.”

“Psst. Quint,” a voice whispered.

McHale stopped and looked around. “Lucky.”

“Over here.”

McHale left the trail and followed the voice into the thick trees. He found Carpenter hiding behind one of them. “What are you doing here?”

Carpenter frowned and looked around. “It’s the Captain.”

McHale put his hands on his hips and grunted. “Okay, what’s he trying to pin on us this time?”

Carpenter sniffed back tears. “He left his wallet in your camp so he can get you guys for stealing it. He plans on coming back with the SPs.”

McHale touched Carpenter’s shoulder. “Okay, we’ll handle it,” he said soothingly. “When’s he comin?”

Carpenter blinked and waved an arm helplessly. “Oh, I don’t know.”

McHale peered into Carpenter’s face. “What’s with the waterworks?”

“He took my three months back pay,” Carpenter answered and buried his head into the side of McHale’s neck. “I was going to send it home and he just took it. He had me write down the serial numbers. That’s the money in the wallet.”

McHale rubbed the back of Carpenter’s neck. “You’ll get it back.”

Carpenter pulled away just enough to at McHale. “You promise? You won’t let any of your boys make it disappear?”

McHale kissed Carpenter’s forehead. “I promise.”

Carpenter hugged McHale tightly and gave him a quick kiss on the mouth. “I’d better get back to Captain Binghamton. He’s already going to get on me about getting lost.”

“Skip, where are you?” Parker called.

McHale chuckled. “Go ahead. I’ve gotta get back to those meatballs. I’ll see ya later, little lost sheep.”

Series this work belongs to: