Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
268
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
4
Kudos:
14
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,361

Aloha Danno!

Summary:

Steve says Aloha to his closest friend. My tribute to James MacArthur. You will be sadly missed.

Work Text:

Standing on the edge of the cliff, Steve McGarrett looked out over the ocean towards the large group of surfers who were sitting in a circle on their boards in the dying light of dusk. A rainbow arced above them as a light misty rain fell, almost as if the Hawaiian Gods themselves were both showing their own grief at the loss of a much loved Hawaiian son. Even from this distance, Steve could see the brightly colored leas that were floating on top of the gentle water in the center of the group as slowly, one by one, each surfer added his own lea and tribute to their friend - his Second-In-Command, his Kaikaina and his closest friend.

Tears ran freely down his face as his heart broke again, shattering into a thousand more pieces as he stepped closer to the edge. This morning had begun as every other morning in the office had. there had been no premonitions of what heartbreak the day would bring- no warnings, no goodbyes, no hints at all that today would be the day that his Ohana would be ripped apart, that they would lose one of their own.

Unable to stop the sob that tore from the depths of his very soul, he dropped his own brightly colored lea that he held in his hand , watching as it floated down towards the ocean Danno loved so much as he whispered brokenly, "This is not Aloha, Danno, I know that we will meet again!"

Pau

RIP James MacArthur- Mahalo and Aloha - You will be sadly missed by all your fans.