Actions

Work Header

Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum...and Coke

Summary:

In honor of 'International Talk Like A Pirate Day'. :)

Work Text:

 

"Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum...and Coke"

By Ross

The GMC van's side door slid open and John 'Hannibal' Smith backed aboard. "Ahoy, me hearty!" he greeted his fellow team member.

L. Templeton Peck was sitting inside the van, perusing a newspaper. The exclamation caused him to arch an eyebrow and glance up.

Hannibal removed a non-steaming Styrofoam cup from the tray in his hands and passed it to Peck. "Thars yore mornin' ration a' grog, me matey. Well, it's rum and Coke, actually. I couldn't find any 'grog'."

A slight smile played upon the corners of his matey's mouth. Peck shot his rummy associate an 'I see-ee...' look. "Exactly how much 'grog' have you been imbibing, me bucko?"

"None...yet. It's 'International Talk Like A Pirate Day'," his leader casually explained.

"And you feel compelled to participate because...?"

Smith collapsed into his seat and set the tray in his lap. On it were more cups, and three bottles—two of Coke and one of rum. The parched man picked one of the cups up, took a long, leisurely swallow from it and replied, with a smack of his lips, "It's fu-un!"

His associate remained deeply skeptical. "Fortunately, for me, I don't speak fluent pirate."

Hannibal tsk'ed twice and sat there, sipping his rum and Coke and sadly shaking his head. "Spoken like a true landlubber. C'mon. I'll bet there's a swashbuckler in you, just begging to come out."

The dour reader looked even more dubious. "Blow it out your bungho—"

"—Belay that, laddy!" his senior officer advised with a grin. "Now, c'mon. What d'yah say? It's just for a day..."

"Oh. All right," Peck conceded with a rattle of his paper. "This isn't going to take too long, is it? I have a date tonight."

"You mean," his commander patiently corrected, "you're going carousing. With that saucy wench from the realtor's office?"

"Carousing?" The mere thought of that saucy wench from the realtor's office caused Peck's pulse to quicken. With a little luck—and a whole lot of Face charm—the pirate-for-a-day hoped to be carousing that evening. "Aye!" he correctly replied.

Hannibal's smile broadened.

"You, uh, don't suppose Murdock has heard about 'International Talk Like A Pirate Day', do you?"

Murdock came flying into the van just then, dressed in full pirate regalia.

B.A. slipped in behind the wheel and got them moving. "Forget it, fool!" he shouted back over his shoulder. "You ain' tyin' no 'Jolly Roger' flag on my antenna!"

The 'fool' straightened his head scarf and eye patch. Then he turned to the stuffed parrot that was perched upon his left shoulder and started mumbling something about being hornswaggled.

"Heard of it?" Hannibal calmly came back. "I think he invented it!"

Avast, me hearties! 'Tis 'The End' of me yarn. ;)

AN: 'International Talk Like A Pirate Day' is held annually on September 19. :D