Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
527
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
19
Hits:
963

Hospitality

Summary:

Angel extends his hospitality to Wesley..

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Hospitality
by Nash

 

Wesley crept quietly into the room, making sure that Angel at least seemed to be asleep before entering further. He looked down at his employer, and sighed softly. He’d been working for Angel for a few weeks now but he never ceased to be amazed by the vampire’s actions.

After Wesley’s flat had burned down, Angel had extended his hospitality, allowed him to remain in his own apartment until alternative accommodations could be found. He found it odd that a vampire, albeit a souled one, could treat him so well when his own family had rejected and disowned him. Despite appearances, Wesley was well aware of the fact that he was far from the rogue demon hunter he so desperately tried to portray.

“I can hear your heartbeat you know.”

“I do apologize; I didn’t mean to wake you up.” Wesley was immediately defensive, wondering if maybe he shouldn’t have come in.

Warm brown eyes opened to look at him and Wesley could swear he saw fondness in their depths.

“Anyone who gets me breakfast in bed is more than welcome to wake me up.”

Angel smiled and Wesley’s world lit up with wonder. He smiled and passed Angel the tray.

“I’m glad you’re here, Wes.”

--------------------

Wesley tried to look for a new flat, really he did, but there always seemed to be something wrong with them. Angel would deem then unfit for some reason or another. Wesley trusted Angel’s judgment and went along with his employer.

“Angel, are you sure I’m not imposing? That last apartment seemed quite adequate to me.”

Angel looked up from the paperwork he was working on, staring inscrutably at Wesley.

“It’s no imposition Wes. I told you, I’m glad you’re here. That last apartment had rats.”

Wesley gave him a dubious look. The apartment had seemed nice and clean to him.

“I swear I could hear them in the walls Wes!” Angel protested. “We’ll find you a good apartment. There’s no rush.” He concluded and went back to studying the file on his desk.

-------------------------

In the end it was Cordelia who clarified things for Wesley, in her own inimitable manner.

“Angel is so crushing on you.”

“Don’t be ridiculous Cordelia, I am sure he does no such thing.”

“He does too! Oh come on, Wes just accept the fact that you and Angel are living together now.”

“We are not!”

Cordelia simply rolled her eyes at him and went back to filing her nails.

--------------

It took him two days to work up the courage to talk to Angel about it.

“Angel? Do you…is there…” Deep breath and he tried again. “Are we living together?”

The surprised look in Angel’s face was priceless, as was the guilty one that quickly followed.

“We are, aren’t we?”

“I was going to tell you.” Angel muttered, avoiding Wesley’s eyes.

To this day Wesley doesn’t know why he did what he did next. Maybe it was the shy, scared look on Angel’s face, or possibly he’d finally been unable to resist what he’d wanted since he met the vampire.

Wesley kissed him. And it was the best thing he’d ever done.

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Nash.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.