Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
305
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
6
Hits:
815

Scott's World of Red

Summary:

Scott's suffering in his world of red is eased by the woman he loves.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:


Scott's World of Red
by Pirate Turner

 

        His life was a world of red, and sometimes it became more than he could bare. He rarely uttered a word of complaint, but still his better half knew. She knew how weary he became of never being able to see the blue of the sky, the green of the grass, the red fire of her long and luscious hair, the emerald green of her adoring eyes, or even the dark liquid of the drink in his own cup. She knew how exhausted his mind and soul were of seeing the red color of blood coat everything he held dear, everything he saw, and everything in his world.

        She knew, understood his need, and when Scott could stand the blood that coated all that he saw no more, Jean would come to him. She would come to him, take him into her arms, kiss his crying face all over, remove the shield that protected the world from him, and open that world to him. Through her eyes, with his own eyes shut tightly closed, Scott would see all that he needed: the silvery light of the moon; his own white flesh; the inky black of the night sky; the silver stars that stretched on as far as they could see; and, always most of all, the soft, white skin; loving, green eyes; and silky, red hair of the woman he loved more than life itself and was proud and blessed to call his wife.

        He held to her each and every night as she showed and gave him all that he needed. For a short while, his world was no longer coated with blood but was brought to brilliant and vivid life through love, and peace was granted to the soul mates for one more night.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.