Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
309
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,223

Don't

Summary:

Four words: If you leave me... Then, an agonizing silence.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:


Don't
by Svetlanacat4

 

 

"The only thing you take with you when you are gone is what you leave behind"
John Allston

 

He stopped, staring absentmindedly at the man's back. Was he really about to start an emotional blackmail? Was he about to scream ? The man stood, motionless, with his suitcase, his right hand in his pocket. He was waiting... But, no, he wouldn't give him this satisfaction. He wouldn't humble himself... more.

If he left him? He was leaving! Life would be... easier. He wouldn't have to put up with his bad mood, his offensed looks, his glare, his jealousy.

-If you leave me...

He paused, waiting hopelessly. He refused to re-open the hostilities. He refused to apologize. Now, the man was about to blackmail him? To threaten him? But no, he kept silent. He thought bitterly that he was probably satisfied with how things had turned out. The man had manoeuvred skillfully, in order to make him feel guilty, as the malicious Othello. He was so good at it...

If he left him? He was leaving! Life would be ... easier. He wouldn't have to put up with his prowling moods, his swaggering look, his self centeredness. He gripped the keys in his pocket.

He would have to meet him everyday. He would have to work beside him. He would have to ignore him... and to be ignored, as well, but time would go by. Later... Later, perhaps, they would be ... friends again. They would laugh about it. A sudden shiver ran through him.

He wouldn't meet him anymore. He wouldn't be able to work beside him. He wouldn't be able to ignore him, to be ignored. He would leave would go by, and everything would fade... Except for... He dropped the keys on the table, wishing he would even be able to walk towards the door.

-Don't.

 

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author svetlanacat4.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.