Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
639
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,049

Memories

Summary:

"Eighteen-year-old Clark Kent awoke with a start. He sat bolt upright in bed, the clean white sheet  clinging to his bare, muscled chest. Sweat seeped out of his lightly tanned skin, and his  supernatural heart was pumping at a supernatural speed."

Work Text:

Memories
by karacullen23
karacullen23@yahoo.com

 

Eighteen-year-old Clark Kent awoke with a start. He sat bolt upright in bed, the clean white sheet  clinging to his bare, muscled chest. Sweat seeped out of his lightly tanned skin, and his  supernatural heart was pumping at a supernatural speed.

He had been dreaming of Lana again. She had been crying and Clark had tried to console her, only to realize that she was surrounded by a green kryptonite force field. She kept sobbing his name and holding out his hand to her, but the closer he got, the farther away she seemed to be.

"I hope I'm not intruding on any sweet dreams." The velvety rich voice of Lex Luther came to Clark from the door frame.

"Lex. What are you doing here?" Clark wrapped his thin sheet tighter around himself, hoping that Lex had not noticed his large, throbbing erection.

"No one answered the door so I let myself in, I hope that's all right?" Lex's piercing eyes wandered briefly over Clark's broad, muscled chest.

"Uh, yeah, of course Lex. I must've slept late. Mom and Dad must've already left for Metropolis. What did you want to talk about?" Clark could feel his heart pounding in his throat now, and his skin was hot. His seeming vulnerability was making him uncomfortable. "Would you mind, Lex, actually waiting for me downstairs in the kitchen so that I can get dressed? You can help yourself to whatever, I'll be down in a sec."

Lex's firm lips curled into a slightly amused smile, "Sure Clark." And he turned out of the door and vanished out into the hall.

Clark waited until he heard Lex's footfalls on the stairs before he uncovered himself from the sheet. The cool morning air caressed his damp skin. Clark took a steadying breath before reaching down to pick up the pair of blue jeans he had thrown on the floor before crashing last night. Clark ran his fingers through his dark, wavy hair, took a calming breath and headed down to the kitchen.

Lex was standing with his back to the kitchen's entrance. His hands in the pockets of his black Armani slacks, staring out the kitchen window. The early afternoon sunlight was streaming in from the window illuminating him.

Clark stood a moment in the doorway watching him, marveling at how surreal Lex looked being bathed in the soft sunlight. He looked almost angelic standing there and for a split second Clark had the urge to step up to Lex and throw his arms around him, to partake in that warmth.

Clark shook his head to clear it, to try to shake himself out of that post awakening state where dreams and reality seemed to meld together in confusion.

Lex was suddenly aware of Clark's presence in the room with him. He spun swiftly on his heels and turned his wise gray eyes on Clark. "I thought that farm people were supposed to be early risers?" His voice was amused and taunting.

"Yeah, well, I was up late working on something for 'The Torch' for Chloe."

Lex's smile vanished and his face became somber, "Clark, I came here because there's something I need to talk to you about. It's very serious and I could potentially be putting you in great danger, but I trust you Clark, and I need your help." Lex's voice was low and urgent. "I am starting to remember why I was put away in the asylum. I am starting to remember certain things about my father, about a man named, Edge, and I'm also starting to remember certain things about you, Clark."

Clark swallowed the large lump in his throat, his heart began to pound in his chest. Oh no he remembers what happened with Edge's car!

Clark was suddenly very awake.

 

end