Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of Stories of Two Years Later
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2010-07-19
Words:
1,129
Chapters:
2/2
Kudos:
13
Hits:
1,512

PoT-2years: Life at Rakuren High

Summary:

Kaidoh is finally able to continue his studys. He starts at Rakuren High, and ends up with a room-mate he didn't expect to see. Kirihara Akaya from Rikkaidai Fuzoku.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Notes:

This is the first main part of "Two Years Later" and it's mainly Kaidoh and Akaya. I'll add in other pairings as well, established as well as people who have yet to get together.
I'll have to add OCs in the story as well, since I can't only use canon characters. While I don't fancy OCs myself, I'll just have to go with it; it can't be only a few characters at Rakuren, right?

The rating will probably go up as I go on with the story.

The KaiAka-pairing will come in later, as the story -and them- develop more.

Suggestions, ideas and requests are greatly accepted.

Lastly, I don't own Prince of Tennis or it's characters, they all rightfully belong to Konomi Takeshi.
Random OC's that have to pop up are owned by me though. (unless I decid to borrow some fom my sister, then I'll let you know.)

Chapter Text

Kaidoh Kaoru had graduated from Seishun Gakuen a year ago, and attempted to pursue a tennis-career. However, when his father fell ill and couldn't continue working, Kaoru decided to do his best to support his family. He hadn't given up on tennis, he still practiced every day, and played against his friends from time to time, but he also worked.

Because he was strong, he got a job at a construction-site, and after that, at another one. His strength was highly appreciated by the other workers.
His mother, however, finally decided that she had had enough of seeing her oldest son overwork himself for her sake, and one day, she told him to stop it.
Kaoru didn't stop, but he reduced his working hours slightly, and started to study wholeheartedly. Because he had an idea.

After a while, there was held entrance exams for the different schools, and Kaoru took all which offered scholarships. He did get in at all schools he took exams for, but only one offered him a scholarship. This was the one that he accepted.

His parents were very happy that he would resume his studies, and supported this decision. Sure, the school was far away, so Kaoru would need to live at the dorms, but the scholarship he had gotten was a good one, and he wouldn't need to pay for anything. This was why Kaidoh Kaoru was so happy that it was this school that had offered him a scholarship.

Kaoru packed up what he needed, and his belongings were sent to the dorm. He was feeling nervous, saying goodbye to his friends and family, and once he boarded the train, he felt as if he would cry. He didn't, but he almost did.
For the rest of the trip, he read the newspaper and some tennis magazines to occupy his mind.

Going to Rakuren High was something that would change his life, even though he wasn't yet aware of that.