Actions

Work Header

A True Love's Jewel

Summary:

Arranged marriage is something that happens on the planet, Antar, especially with royalty families. Zan’s Max’s older brother and Zan is married to Ava. Max is suppose to marry Tess but he cannot stand her worth a passion. When the unexpected happens by Zan and Ava dragging Rath and Max to Earth, things turn for the good. Rath and Max meet Liz Parker and Isabel Evans. Can these two guys get what they’ve always wanted – a chance at true love?

Work Text:

It had been quite some time for since Ava, Zan, Max, and Rath had been back to Antar. It was a different atmosphere for any one of them, especially the beach and the weather climate changes, as well. The weather was one thing that they all loved, especially for Ava and Zan. They were still newlyweds and they were still getting to know one another.

Zan was falling for his queen more and more. It was the reason why they were here on this planet because he wanted Max to get the easier way. In Zan’s eyes, it was challenging, but Max said he would find the girl that he would want to marry. He then thought of this movie he saw a few nights ago and it was reminding him of it. Coming to America was a classic – well, that’s the video clerk had told him when Ava and him walked into the video store.

Max was Zan’s little brother by two minutes. After all, they were twins, and the only different was the hair lengths and the tattoos.

There was this man named Nasedo that had helped them get a place since none of them had ever worked on this planet. Then, Nasedo was gone from their lives. They had been in Roswell, New Mexico for about a week when Max saw the diner and that’s when he saw her.

“Whoa,” Max breathed, as he clutched onto Zan’s arm, and a huge grin spread across his face. “She’s so – perfect, so beautiful.”

Zan, Ava, and Rath’s eyes traveled to where Max was looking but all they saw was the diner.

“Max, who the hell are you talking about?” Rath asked his friend, as he turned to look over at him, and he flashed him a grin. “Where’s the girl that has you smiling so stupidly?”

Then, she walked out the diner to clean up the tables, wearing just a pair of jean shorts and a tank top. There was a definite heat wave going on, especially when Max’s eyes roamed over to the sweat starting to coat along her calves and that lovely neck.

“Uh… wow, are you sure, man?” Rath asked with a grin, as he saw the look on Max’s face, and he shook his head.

“Oh yeah, that’s the one,” Zan said with a smirk, as he wrapped his arm around his wife’s waist, placing a kiss on her forehead, a smile in his brother’s direction. “Well, you’re the one that wants to actually experience a love. You better not let her get away, man.”

“What do I say?” Zan frowned, as he ran a hand through his hair, and he shook his head in disbelief.

“Well, you could say hello to my best friend.”

Max turned around, as he looked at a girl with dirty blond hair with a guy with shaggy-length hair. Who the hell were these two interrupting him?

“I’m sorry about her. She doesn’t seem to mind her own damn business,” the guy growled, as he looked away from them, and then to his girlfriend. “Maria, what the hell is the matter with you?”

“Well, he was gawking at my best friend like some perv, Michael! What the hell do you expect me to do?” Maria asked, as she placed her hands on her hips, and she shook her head right before her eyes landed on Rath, her eyes widening. “Whoa…!”

“Maria, what the –“

“All right, um, maybe we should go inside,” Maria said, as she then led them to where Liz was, and she smiled, hugging her. “Lizzie, can we come inside? It’s so hot out here.”

Liz rolled her eyes, as she draped her arm around Maria’s shoulders, and she sighed. “It’s really hot. I feel like I’m in some sauna right now.”

Max couldn’t help it but to look her up and down, his tongue swiping across his bottom lip, and he shook his head. He felt like he was in high school, having his first crush. Then again, she was the first human that he had met that he was definitely attracted to.

“Liz, give me some chocolate cake. I need my fix!” Michael called out after her with a laugh, as he saw the look she gave him, and he grinned.

“If you want some chocolate cake, you better go in the back and make some. I’m not your woman – sorry Maria, that’s going to make you a cake. All we’ve got is a red velvet cake, so eat it, and there’s plenty of Tabasco Sauce out there,” Liz said, as she then turned around, and she looked over to them. “Are you guys new in town?”

Zan saw the look on his brother’s face and he nodded his head. “Yeah, we’ve been in the states for a few months, but we just entered Roswell about a week ago.”

“Liz, look how much Michael and that guy look alike,” Maria said in awe, as she looked at them, and she smiled sheepishly. “I’m sorry… what are your names?”

“Well, this is Rath. This is my wife, Ava. My name is Zan and this is my twin brother, Max. We’re actually a long ways home,” Zan said softly, as he looked over at Liz and Maria where his attention flew to Michael. “Where are you from?”

“Well…”

As Michael told them the story about how his friend, Isabel and him arrived in the crash in the 1940’s, Liz walked to the back with Maria where they found some plates and utensils.

“Wow. We’re actually from the planet Antar,” Rath said in complete amazement, as he watched Liz bring the cake to the table, and he smiled. “Thank you.”

Maria smiled. “Michael, you should inherit Rath’s personality. He’s quite nice, and well –“

“Maria, I swear I’ll –“

“You’ll what, Michael? Go home and watch your cop show?”

“Are they always like this?” Zan asked Liz, as she cut the four of them a slice of cake, placing a slice on each of their plates. “I mean, wow…”

“Oh yeah, this isn’t nothing. You should see it when they are at each other’s throats. If they weren’t like this, it’d be some weird shit,” Liz said with a laugh, as she then walked behind the counter, and she grabbed four glasses of milk, placing them in front of them.

“Do they break up?”

“All the time. I have to deal with Maria coming back to me for advice and he’ll be at my window looking for Maria. It never gets tiring. It’s kind of cute,” Liz said, as she then walked to the front of the door, and she turned the sign around, saying that the CrashDown was closed.

“Maria, what the hell? That’s just-“

“What? I didn’t do anything, Michael. I just said he was cute and-“

Liz shook her head. “Really, you guys? You are fighting again? Can you just can it for once? We’ve got company and you’re just going to scare them away.”

“Actually-“

“No Rath,” Ava said with a shake of her head, as she took a bite of her cake, and she moaned. “Wow, this is really good. What is it?”

“Red velvet, you’ve never ever had that before?” Maria asked in shock, as she looked over at her, and she ran a hand through her hair before she took a bite from the cake.

“Maria, they’re from Antar. What the hell-“

“Can it, Michael,” Liz said, glaring at him, and she shook her head. “One more starting argument and you’re out of here for the night.”

Michael sighed, as he pulled Maria into his lap, and he chuckled against her neck. “You got lucky, De Luca.”

“Yeah, okay, Spaceboy,” Maria said with a laugh, as she grasped his hand, and she smiled over at him, placing his hand on her stomach.

“So, you work here?” Max asked with interest, his eyes looking over to her, feeling all eyes on him.

“Yeah and live here too. I live upstairs with my parents.”

“Hm… that’s interesting,” Max said with a nod, as he looked at the girl, and he raked his fingers through his short hair.

Max really wanted to get to know this girl, whose name was Liz, but it was kind of hard when everyone was watching him like this. He was new in town. Maybe he could ask her for some help or maybe a tour? What about the possibility of working here? They did need jobs since Nasedo said he would only help them for six months.

Then, a girl with short, brown hair came through, and her eyes glanced over to the people in the booth.

“Hey Liz.”

“Oh, hey Isabel!” Liz said with a smile. “Guess what? They’re from Antar.”

“She looks like…”

“Vilandra,” Rath breathed in, as he took a look at the brunette, and he was so thankful that Ava made him shave before he walked out the house. “She’s the spitting image of her… but…”

“Oh no, not you too!” Maria said, realizing that Rath was totally into Rath, and she shook her head. “What’s with it with you Antarians, anyways?”

“Hm… Antarians… I like it,” Zan said with a laugh.

“Who’s Vilandra, anyways?” Liz asked with wonderment in her eyes. “Michael and Isabel don’t really tell us much about their lives.”

“Well, we don’t really remember much,” Michael said, as he watched Isabel cut herself a slice of cake, and she plopped down in a chair that she pulled up to the booth.

“Um… she was my wife but she sold us out. Vilandra was full of evil and rage. She went against Max and Zan to be with this other man named Kivar. Basically, he used Vilandra to get back at us, but we had an army that was so strong,” Rath began, as he shook his head, and he ran a hand through his hair. “But she had to pay for her lies.”

“We had to kill her.”

“Oh geez… you guys have one crazy home,” Liz said, shaking her head, as she wiped down the counters, and she shook her head. “It’s good that you guys are here. Michael and Isabel can get the answers that they need.”

“Well, since it’s getting late and Liz is cleaning up, we all should do something. Have you guys ever been ice skating before?” Maria asked them, as she stood up from Michael’s lap, and she smiled over at them.

“Well, Zan and Ava have, but Max and I haven’t,” Rath said, as he let his eyes glance over to Isabel, not being able to help himself. “You should come…”

Isabel smiled over at him. “You wish.”