Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
586
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
1,016

Deleted Scene: Treasure of the Nation

Summary:

small scene set during ep "Treasure of the Nation"

Work Text:

It was evening. The Queen was gone, safely on her way with LeGrand’s men. And Much was still excited and giddy from meeting such an illustrious lady and that little tussle with John and Robin in the field.

Much thumped John on the back before sitting next to him on a log near the fire. “How’s it going?”

John shrugged. He glanced away from the fire and at Much. He nodded in greeting and then went back to his study of the flames.

Much frowned at the pensive look on John’s face. “Something wrong?”

“Thinking,” John answered simply.

“Oh, what about?”

“Nothing.”

Much waved a hand in front of John’s face. “Oh, come on, John. Nothing?”

John grunted and batted Much’s hand away.

Much squeezed John’s arm. “Big Bear?” he sing-songed with a toothy grin.

John barely cracked a smile.

Even in just the firelight, Much could see John’s blush. He laughed and elbowed him playfully. “An invitation to the Queen’s court at Aquitaine. I wonder what kind of service she would require.”

“Much,” John growled in embarrassment.

Much leaned in close to John’s ear. “I suppose that if I do have to share you, it’s not so bad that she’s the Queen Mother.”

John stared at the fire. He shook his head. He growled again, but made no move away.

Much flicked his tongue out against John’s earlobe. “Maybe I could tag along. I’m sure she would understand.”

John inhaled sharply. “You’d land us both in the dungeon.”

Much put a hand on John’s knee. He trailed it slowly upward. “Her Majesty strikes me as the adventurous type.” He laughed quietly. “I doubt there’s any part of you that’s little,” he quoted. “She has no idea.”

John curled his hands into fists and pressed them into the wood. “Much, no.”

Much started licking and kissing the side of John’s neck. “The way she kept touching you,” he murmured. “Pawing at you.”

“I…” John stopped and started again. “I wouldn’t call it pawing.”

“I would.”

John shut his eyes. His breathing shallowed. He tilted his head to the side to give Much more room. He pulled Much’s cap off and ran his fingers through Much’s hair. “Much, not now,” he tried.

Much’s fingers brushed across John’s already half hard length. “Why? Robin’s gone to see Marian and Will and Djaq are off together. None of them will be back for a while.”

John shuddered. He couldn’t help pushing into Much’s hand.

“Big Bear. Warm. Strong.” Much nipped the warm skin in between words. “What’s not to be attracted to? If she was any other woman, I would’ve been tempted to tell her I already have a claim on you.”

John’s eyes snapped open. He took a deep breath and lightly tugged Much’s hair. “Not now.”

Much felt the sudden tension in John’s shoulders. “Why?”

“I…” John’s voice trailed off. He cleared his throat. “I don’t think it’s a good idea right now.”

Much’s brow furrowed. “But why?”

John sat forward, with his elbows resting on his knees. He focused on the fire. “I don’t feel up to it tonight.”

Much wrapped an arm around John and rested his chin on John’s shoulder. “What’s wrong?” he asked quietly.

“Nothing.”

“You can tell me. Please.”

John jerked away. He bit his tongue and then answered in a low, controlled voice, “This is just something I have to work out for myself. Okay?”

Much turned away, as if he’d been stung. He let out a shaky breath. “Okay.”

John bit his bottom lip and cursed under his breath. “Much, I --”

“It’s all right,” Much interrupted. “Work it out for yourself.” He snatched his cap from the ground and stood. He walked away into the darkness.