Actions

Work Header

Team Pet

Summary:

Jack ponders running or going back to Charles.

Work Text:


Team Pet
by peja

 

 

Jack Harkness rolled the whiskey glass between his hands, staring glumly into the amber liquid. Charles Gaskell would be getting worried, maybe. If not worried for Jack's safety, then worried that Torchwood's pet freak was pulling a runner. The would never be tolerated. Not even from Torchwood's somewhat slightly house-broken alien.

It crossed his mind that Gaskell might have already taken the bit between his teeth and reported him bolting from his room to Alice and Emily. Would he have turned him in, knowing how the ladies hated having their intimate moments interrupted? If he had, the two gorgeous harpies would be hot on his trail. He didn't think they had tracked down this particular back-water bolt hole. Still....

He cast a glance around, having no real inclination to fall under the care and handling of those two again. The first time he'd fallen into their tender care, he'd been shot, repeatedly electrocuted.  He didn't bother to suppress the shudder rippling his body.  He might not be kill-able, but they knew ways to make the dying a close second to the agonies of hell, and last damn near just as long. Or at least seem to.

He had no desire for a repeat performance. Suspected they might have something even more terrible for disciplining the disobedient pet freak.

But, then again, going back. Charles would be there, waiting for him.  Expecting him to beg forgiveness for his temper tantrum, to slip into his bed for a care-free romp between the sheets. Jack didn't feel care-free. He felt ...broken.  It hurt his soul knowing Charles considered him less than human simply because...Dammit. It wasn't his fault his death had been cut short. He hadn't asked to be brought back to this nightmare of immortality. Hadn't wanted it.  

Jack's vision clouded as tears rose in him, blinding him.  His basic hedonistic nature craved affection. He needed it as surely as he needed to breath. If he was nothing more to Charles than the kink of the day...

Closing his eyes to the pain, Jack drank deeply of his whiskey. He slammed the glass down and called for another without looking up.

A large hand closed over the one that held the glass. You don't need that, My Jack."

Jack didn't bother to hide the cringe. He slowly lifted his haunted gaze to Charles. "How...?"

"I have my ways. His eyes raced over Jack, searching, watchful. "Darling Jack, I was worried about you." Charles leaned down, claiming pale lips.  "I am sorry I spoke so carelessly. Didn't mean to hurt you. You are...important."

Jack snorted half-heartedly. "To Torchwood."

"Yes, I suppose." Charles allowed a smile to curve his luscious lips. "But I mean you are  important to me. You silly, sexy, temperamental...human...man. You are important to me."  

Jack blinked.  "Did you say...human?"

Charles chuckled, pulling Jack from the chair  and into his arms. "Let's go home, my love." I want to hold you all night. Hold you all our lives together, if you allow me to."

Jack attempted a wavering smile. "Just hold me?  Nothing more?"

"Whatever you want, Jack. Whatever it takes to convince you I won't stomp on your heart."

"Alice and Emily ...

"Fuck Alice and Emily. They have each other. They don't have a say in us."

Charles couldn't have said anything more to prove his feelings.  Jack sighed, melting against his lover for a moment, pressing a kiss against Charles neck.  "Let's go home."

End

 

Note: Thoughts? Suggestions for a story in this fandom, or another?
Speak to me people. Cyber is lonely and silent and like Jack I crave the words.

Series this work belongs to: