Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
590
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
7
Bookmarks:
3
Hits:
1,893

Sometimes I'm Wrong

Summary:

Back From Mexico

Work Text:

Sometimes I'm Wrong
by PEJA

 

 

Gibbs caught up with Tony as he was arriving home. Moving on silent feet, he grabbed Tony's arm in a vise hard grasp and propelled him into the apartment building.

"Boss, what the...

Gibbs shut him up with a glance.

Escorted, or more accuately, goose-stepped, up to his apartment, Tony got the definate feeling of being a prisoner. He almost had to wonder if Gibbs might not shoot him if he were to attempt escape, still if he made a dash for it....

Being on Gibbs' crap list was not a nice feeling.

Especially when Tony felt like he would have deserved it. But what choice had he had. Vance had ordered  him to Mexico. Whatever had pissed Gibbs off was Vance's fault. Tony had just been the god soldier. Following orders. He was the man who would have pulled the trigger, even if, technically, it had been Tony's finger on the hard metal.

Following orders...

But instead of Tony doing the deed, Mike Franks had stepped in and assasinated Alejandro Rivera....firing with his god damn thumb. Only Franks.

Nope, Gibbs was not going to fall for that old line.

Tony was pretty certain Gibbs had a rule about that, anyway and he was soooo wanting to commit another new rule to memory. He gave a mental, at least he hoped it was mental, shake of his head, no.  Not one over the forties. Nosiree, not him. Not ever.

Sanding silently, at parade rest, in his own living room was a unique experience for Tony. But one he'd gone into immediately Gibbs released his hold on his forearm and begun to pace back and forth, back and forth.

His compliance earned him a grunt of approval from the man and was that just the ghost of a half-smile.  Nah, Gibbs was obviously steaming out his ears mad. No flicker there.

He bite back the comments battering at the back of his teeth to spring forth and bury his ass.  His lips quivered as one remark made it past the barricade that was his instinct for
survival, only to be caught mid-escape in his teeth and swallowed back.

Gibbs halted his back and forth pacing and came to stand in front of Tony, leaving only the space of a breath between them.  Ice cold eyes glared into Tony's nervous ones.

Ws Gibbs about to toss him over? Had he gone that far over what Gibbs woulc..could accept from him?  Didn't he know how much ...?

The terrified words in his head screeched to a halt.

"Mike Franks is alive, boss." The words erupted from him in a sputter.

Gibbs arched a brow.

"I ...ran into him down in Mexico."

Gibbs' lips formed a silent "o".

"I was only following orders, Boss."

Gibb's eyes narrowed. "Letting Franks assassinate Rivera was orders?"

"Well," Tony swallowed noisily. "Ah, well, not that, exactly."

"Franks held a gun to your head, then?"

"No sir...ah, boss...I.." he floundered for what to say then decided that silence was his best bet. He hung his head, the picture of abject misery. "Sorry, Boss. And sorry for saying sorry, but I am. I don't mean to disappoint you. Don't know why you put up with me. Sometimes feels like I'm nothing but a screw-p. Sorry, boss. Really."

Gibbs' expression softened and he cupped Tony's cheek. He gazed deeply into tony's eyes an smiled a bit sadly. "Rule 51."

Tony frowned. "Don't think I know that one, Boss."

Gibbs brushed a kiss to his lips. "Sometimes I'm wrong."  

 

End