Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
386
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
4
Hits:
973

Love To Last An Eternity

Summary:

Cordelia finally gets the chance to answer Doyle's question when she awakens on the other side.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Love To Last An Eternity
by Pirate Turner

 

       "We'll never know if this is a face ye could learn tae love." The words echoed through her mind as the blinding white light finally subsided and she found herself staring at a man who had haunted her dreams for years both with the handsome face that was smiling at her now and the more grotesque mask of the Demon within who he'd only allowed her to see once.

       "Yes," she finally answered the question that he'd never been able to fully ask her and kissed him.

       Doyle pulled back slightly. Though the kiss was heavenly -- all he'd ever wished it to be and more --, questions swirled through his mind. He had to be sure he was understanding her right before they continued. "Princess?" he asked, his Irish lilt caressing her ears.

       She smiled as his mere voice sent more shivers sweeping through her. "The answer is yes, Doyle."

       "Wha' was th' question?"

       She gave his arm a playful push. "You know what the question was -- the one you wanted to ask me."

       "If ye could luv me?"

       "If I could love your Demon face. Doyle, I already love you. I have for years as a good friend, if nothing more."

       "Tha' 'twas nae a friendship kiss, Princess."

       "No," she agreed, grinning, "it wasn't."

       He knew she wasn't ready to let go of her doubts about their relationship so quickly just because they were together again, so he spoke reassuringly, "We've a whole eternity tae find oot what it is." He cupped her beautiful face, his fingers entwining in her silky, raven hair that he was glad to see was long again in the afterlife, and leaned closer. "Shall we try tha' again?"

       "Yes," she breathed, tingling from head to foot. She did love this man, she realized, and she would tell him after the shock of reuniting had settled down for the both of them. That way he would know there were no more doubts in her mind.

       "Welcome home, Princess," he murmured before his lips touched hers. Her mouth opened readily beneath his gentle touch. His tongue swept into her mouth, sparking a passionate dance with hers, as he kissed her deeper in a promise of pleasure and love to last them an eternity.


The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.