Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
330
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
1,091

Doubts

Summary:

Cas is doubting himself and Dean knows it. (5x21 missing scene)
Disclaimer: Not mine, never have been, never will be.

Work Text:

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

Some might say there wasn't time for this, but Dean knew better. After almost two years, he knew how Cas thought. More than that, he knew what Cas could turn into and he wasn't about to let that happen without a fight. "Hey, Cas," he walked up behind his angel- he was still his angel regardless of how weakened he might be. "How're you holding up?"

Cas turned around offering Dean a sardonic glare.

"That good."

"Dean, if there's something you want, please just say it."

Dean sighed heavily, leaning up against a pile of contorted metal in the salvage yard. "Cas, listen I just want know you're okay."

Cas huffed. "I am most assuredly not ‘okay'," he growled. His eyes shot up, darting back and forth as if searching for an answer, "Without my powers I am useless to you."

"Bullshit," Dean retorted. "Cas, you can't believe that. So what, so your batteries are drained. Doesn't matter. So you're a bit more human than angel right now. I got news for you, the rest of us- me, Sammy, Bobby- we're all human and we fight and we get are asses kicked, sure, but we keep fighting. You're no less a fighter now than you were a year ago."

The angel snorted, narrowing his eyes and staring at Dean the way he did when he was trying to read the mortal. Finally, "You truly believe that."

"'course I do, Cas. How many times have you proven that since you got back? You're still a badass Warrior of God. Okay, so you might have to smite with a sawed-off instead of a thought, still gets the job done."

This time Cas' snort was more a laugh, "Thank you, Dean."

The hunter nodded, it was the least he could do. Besides, he needed Cas, needed him strong and believing. Angel or not, Cas was his faith.