Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
701
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
1,465

Mission White-lighter...

Summary:

Someone comes recruiting.

Work Text:


Mission White-lighter...
by PEJA

Jack Harkness stared at the entity who had appeared before him from out of thin air for a long moment then drew a deep breath and leaned back in his chair. Interlacing his fingers over his flat, hard-body stomach, he tilted his head. His blue eyes slid over the robed being, watchful, expectant, waiting.

The man stood docilely enough, his hands folded before him. Also waiting.

"Captain Harkness," he said softly after few ticks of the clock, "The Elders have need of you."

Jack nodded, steepling his index fingers. "The Elders, you say?" He sprawled a bit more in his chair, his lips turning up in a slight smile. "And who might The Elders be, then?"

"We," The man's brows puckered in a growing scowl. "I am an elder."

Jack's gaze roamed over the man's face, taking note of the slight graying at his temples. "You don't look that old to me. A bit gray, but we all suffer from that ailment, don't we? What are you? forty-five, forty- six?"

"Age is...relevant. You should know that."

"Should I, Mister...?" He arched an inquisitive brow.

"Odin." The being supplied. "Yes, indeed. Just exactly how old are you, Mr. Harkness?  150 years? 200?”

Jack's bark of laughter propelled him to his feet. "Do I look that old to you?" He asked, his humor not anywhere near reaching his cold gaze.  "What do you want, then Odin? I've got things," he smirked. "....People to do."

"I told you," Odin's voice was growing rough with frustration. "We have need of you."

"Cryptic much?"

The speaker's lilting Welsh tones sent a tremble of sensual excitement down Jack's spine and straight to his hyper-active groin.  Chuckling, Jack threw a kiss at Ianto Jones who stood in the doorway to his office with a steaming cup of his infamous coffee. He loved that dour look of disdain Ianto wore in his best tea-boy fashion.  The man could look down his fine aristo nose at even the gods.

Ianto moved on panther feet across the room to set the cup on Jack's desk.  "Does your...guest require anything, Sir?"

"Me, apparently." Jack grinned cockily.

Ianto's icy blue glance traveled up Jack's muscular body.  "Doesn't everyone?"

Jack caught the edge of anger in those soft-spoken words and knew he was in for a long session with Ianto once he got rid of the stranger. Not altogether a bad thing.  Make-up sex was one of the better things about his fiery lover.

"Look, Odin, tell me..." He moved to wrap an arm around Ianto's waist. "Us...what this is about."

Odin scowled. "I have need of you."

"That's getting old," Jack slumped down in his chair once again, dragging Ianto down onto his lap. He turned the younger man's head, claiming a kiss that promised greater pleasure once they were alone. "Why do you need me?"

"I am an Elder. We who watch over the chosen ones. I have need of a white-lighter who can guide and instruct three young witches who are coming into their power.  Three who must be safe-guarded at all cost. The chosen three. In exchange, I can offer you great power."

Jack snorted, shaking his head. "Don't want it."

"And life....?"

"Already have more than enough life, thank you."

Odin's scowl turned to a curious frown. "You are not...dead...?  How can this be.  I watched your death."

"Which one?" Jack hurled a barbed glare.

"Which....one...? But..."

"Hey, its been a laugh riot, really, but I can't help you.  I've got a mission right here.  Not about to sign up to body-guard three kids when I have a world to protect already. Find someone else."

Odin studied the man for a long moment then inclined his head in an accepting bow of a nod. "So be it."  He vanished in a flash of blinding light.

Rubbing the spots from his eyes, Ianto cuddled down in Jack's embrace and murmured, "I thought he'd never leave."

Jack pressed a kiss onto Ianto's head, tightening his arms around the other man possessively. He had a feeling he'd just dodged a bullet with his name on it. It wasn't a nice feeling. "Shut up and kiss me like you mean it."


end